Chapter 32 - It Finally Happened (Edited)

MARC

As if things couldn't get any worse for me at the moment.

No, not that they were bad already, maybe yes things between Daniel and I became a bit weird and awkward between us after the last time we met.

He did sound a bit nervous as he spoke on the phone when he invited me over and that made me nervous for some reason.

I couldn't imagine both of us alone at an art exhibition after what happened last time and I know my level of cringe-ness would skyrocket, I would have a full on mental breakdown right there and then in the midst of all those people making it even worse.

Maybe It's his dad's idea for me to come so he can tell me of another business meeting I would be attending.

If it's that, then I don't mind. Sort of.

I don't know why I'm overthinking this, it's going to be alright. Just attending the art exhibition and see what happens. Right?

"Are you having some crises you would like to talk to us about?" Sophie asked as she turned to me.

"No I'm not, why?" I asked as I got snapped back to reality.

"You've been staring at your food for 5 minutes now and you don't have much time any longer before our shift is over" Sophie said once again as she sipped her fruit shake.

Actually she was right, today was a Friday and school closes early today so Addison and Jake came over and we used the first half during my shift to have conversations on random topics and from the look of it ship Japhie is actually sailing if I should say so myself with Jake occasionally flirting here and there with Sophie who only seemed to act hard to get but deep within I knew she was falling deeper every second.

"Are you guys free later today?" I asked unsure of what I was saying which made the the three people who sat with me on the round table look at me like I was hiding something.

"Yeah... I guess so?" Addison was the first to break the short lived silence as she replied with more of a question as her eyes flickered between Jake and Sophie to be sure they were also free.

They nodded in response.

"Great! There's this Art exhibition Daniel's dad's hosting at his house, I was wondering if you guys would like to come along... you know the more the merrier" I said etching Daniel's words at the end.

"I'm not a fan of art exhibitions and stuff like that... but don't get me wrong, I like art" Jake said plainly as he took the last of his chips.

"Woah... you must be really lucky to be invited... every exhibition Mr. Ferreira hosts he gains millions of dollars... now I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't something underneath that friendship of yours to Daniel" Sophie said staring at me like she would soon discover my deepest darkest secrets.

I choked on the orange juice I began to sip from.

"No, I'm not gold digging" I said matter of factly

"Yet" Addison chipped in and shared a look with Sophie with a mischievous smile spread across their faces.

"Oh no, I am not gold digging anymore we're just good friends and that's it" I said biting my burger to avoid any further questions.