Chapter 63 - Moving On and Getting Grounded (Edited)

There's a change of POV in this chapter

- You can start asking your questions in the comments that you'll like any of the characters or me (Author) to answer -

It can be about the book in general, directly to a character, just to get to know me or whatever in general 😊

DANIEL

We had spent the rest of the day talking about nothing in particular, just catching up on things we missed in each other's life. It really felt good to just be here in the moment for once. No fighting, no drama, just the two of us like old times.

The doctor comes in much later with Bryan who looks a bit worn out and alongside him stood a new nurse.

"You're one lucky guy... there's no internal injuries, the ones you have now will heal up very soon and you'll be discharged by tomorrow. For now all you need is rest" He says as the nurse goes over to the matchies and takes some notes down before following the doctor out.

"I can't wait to get outta here" Blake says and I couldn't agree more.

"Where have you been?" I asked Bryan who was now standing next to the bed.

"I've been doing a lot of paperworks for Blake as a stand in family member and the only Adult of age... this has made me regret being an adult a little bit" Bryan admits causing Blake and I to laugh.

"Thanks... for all your help, I really appreciate it, even if I've been a dick in the past, it means a lot to me" Blake apologizes sincerely to Bryan.

"Even if you've been a dick in the past-" Bryan starts.

"Bryan" I call his name through gritted teeth.

"Fine. It's whatever man, we all make mistakes but what's important is that we lean from them, own up to it and become better" Bryan responds and I can tell he meant it this time.

"Although there's still a small part of me that really wants to punch you in the face right now" he adds.

"I guess I deserve that" Blake succumbs.

"No, no, no one's getting punched in the face or at all.." I stand up from my chair and come over to the other side of the bed.
   "I know you're tired so you don't mean any of this"

"I kinda do"

"You don't mean any of this" I say sternly as I looked at Bryan.

"I guess I'll just take a walk outside and get something to eat and clear my head. You guys better behave" Bryan says as he takes a few steps back before going out the door.

"He'll come around" I chuckle nervously as I look at Blake. He nods in understanding and I take my seat beside him.

A confortable silense falls between us soon after and I know Blake used the time to think things through on what's  going to happen next. I don't know what's going on in that head of his right now but I'll stand by him whenever he needs me to.

I rest my head on the side of the bed and before I know it sleep takes over me with the last thing I remember which was Blake playing softly with my hair.