Chapter 22 - Ex Apologies (Edited)

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE LANGUAGE

DANIEL

I finished from football practice and now feeling very tired, I quickly went to hit the showers to freshen up. Thankfully I was the only one in the boys locker room so I freely but quickly striped and stepped into the showers.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then exhaled slowly as the cold shower ran down my body and washed away every ounce of sweat on my body.

I stepped out of the showers with a towel tied to my waist and walked over to my locker to grab my clothes when most of the boys started coming.

"Nice game today" Harry the team captain said to me as he patted me on the back

"Thanks" I said to him as he gave me a warm smile and walked towards the showers.

I exchanged a few more pleasantries with most of the boys before I finally left for an empty room to dress up.

We mostly had our football practice after school and by the time we were done the school became quite empty except for the few teachers and students that had functions in the school.

I walked down the empty hallways towards the exit doors just when I heard a very familiar female voice from behind me which made me flinch as she was the least person I expected to run into on this very fine day.

Natalie Mann.

"You played well" the female voce said a few distance from behind me.

I flinched as I heard her voice and slowly turned to see her standing a few feet away from me.

She wore light makeup, A black Louis Vuitton long Jacket that went with a pair of black jean joggers topped with her high bottom white sneakers.

I can't believe I used to have feelings for her or ever loved her, standing here right now facing her borough a lot of memories that we once shared together, memories that would bring smiles to our faces but now, it brings back tears which I try hard to hold back.

Imagine loving someone with all you heart and the next thing you get is a knife through your heart, it hurts, a lot.

"What are you doing here?" Was the first thing that came from me to her.

"I came to say hey, and to congratulate you on your performance today at practice" she said with the same charismatic tone like all was okay between us.

"Well I don't need it" I scoffed and turned to go.

"And I also came to say I'm really sorry for everything" she said for the umpteenth in forever.

Ever since the incident where I caught her cheating on me she's been trying so many tines to apologize but it just wasn't easy to accept her back into my life after what she did. My first love literally stabbed me in the chest without thinking twice.

"I have told you many tines to stop telling that to me because people like you... can never be trusted" I said in a croaked voice as tears started to form in my eyes.

"I feel really bad for everything, trust me. I have always had you on my mind ever since, I- am really sorry" she said this time around stepping a bit closer to me.

"Can you SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I yelled at her not caring who heard me but a part of me felt sorry for her as she flinched a little and took a step back.

"You said to trust you but do you deserve to be trusted?, I know a guy who once trusted you with everything but what did you? flush it all down the toilet like its one of those fake friends you keep and change everyday like its your fucking panties... It's not Natalie" I said this time around not caring at all as I felt hot tears flow down my cheeks.

Damm, If only this girl knew how much I once loved her.

She was taken aback by my sudden outburst but still tried to keep her cool.

"Daniel i-" she said and tried to reach for my hand which I immediately took away from her reach.

"Don't fucking touch me and don't fucking talk to me ever again" I said and turned around and walked towards the parking lot not even sparing her a glance once more, where the chauffeur was waiting for me.

I needed to clear my head right now.

"Good day Mr. Daniel, how was practice?" The chauffeur who was quite a friendly middle aged man named John asked as he started the car.

"Good day too, It went quite well" I said.

"Hmm, well it seems like something is bothering you at the moment" he said zooming out of the school's premises.

"No not at all" I said trying to hide every emotion.

"I'm fine" I added.

"Ah, don't forget I've known you for a few years now. I detect when all is not well with my master" he said calmly with eyes still on the road tho I could see from the rear view mirror he glanced my way at the backseat where I currently sat.

I only let out a sigh of relief in response as I was now far away from Natalie which made me feel a bit better.

"Would you like somewhere to go have some time alone?" He asked.

"Yes please, I would like to go to the nearest ice cream shop" I said honestly just as we drove towards a restaurant.

"This place is fine" I said as I looked at the quite large building out the window.

"This is a public environment and there may be paparazzi all around. It's not so private" he said as we made a stop in front of the building.

"I'm fine with that and the security are right behind us" I said as I looked around the not so private environment as Mr. John put it.

It had enough trees around and only a few cars were parked in the premises so I guess I should be good for a while I thought to myself as we drove in.

I got looks from the security men working at the restaurant I now knew as Cheetos as the Red and Yellow insignia above the building could not be missed by any chance.

I heard a few gasps and screams from behind and the people who sat by the large glass windows. I managed to wave or smile at the people that did likewise to me.

I stopped in my tracks for a couple of seconds as I could see a figure that looks very familiar.

Once I opened the door everyone turned to look at me but that wasn't what made me stand frozen for a few seconds but the fact that I was making full time eye contact with Marc who stood a few tables away from who me also stood in shock.

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?
VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

So... umm... that was heated... *sips darker than normal coffee*

Have you been in a breakup before? 🙆🏼‍♂️😅