Chapter 11 - Little Lies (Edited)

Prologue Continued...

MARC

We stopped in front of a very big gate for a few seconds before it was finally opened and then we drove in and a very big mansion came in clearer sight. I wonder how they found their way around the house cause I for sure need a map cause.

The car stops in front of the water fountain and we both alighted from the car and one of the drivers took it to the garage probably. Right now I was getting really tired and I needed to sleep urgently.

I took Daniel who was already asleep to the living room and kept him on the sofa and sat down next to him and looked at his cute face... yeah.. he looks cute when he's asleep- What the-?, Did I just...?.

I was interrupted from my mental questioning by Mr. Ferreira's Voice, he was walking arm-in-arm with a woman who was Daniel's mother they spoke in whispers until his mom came up to me.

"Thank You. it's so late now I know you must be tired. Please show him the guest room and attend to his needs" she said with a smile and left immediately with her husband upstairs.

A boy who had resemblance to Daniel but older came down the stairs and we both took the sleeping Daniel to his room and which was thrice the size of my room, I don't think I should be in here in the first place but I'm pretty sure Bryan who I later got to know his name while we went up the stairs would not really carry his brother who was heavy up the stairs alone even though he looks muscular and well toned. He knew his brother weighed a ton.

"I gotta go crash now, thanks for all your help, If you need anything let me know" he said after we laid Daniel on the bed before disappearing into the corner in the hallway.

                       *

I had woken up a little bit past 8 in the morning and I was still feeling tired but I still had to gather all the strength in me and stand up from this huge comfy bed. I finally got up and had my bath and brushed and luckily they had some spare clothes for different people and in all sizes too. I heard a knock on the door as i was still making decisions on which of the arrayed cologne to put on.

"I'm Coming" I said as i quickly sprayed the one that I was holding already.

I opened the door and I was surprised at what I saw. Breakfast was being served to me like what the actual fudge am I in a dream or what? or did I become a prince overnight?. Nah.

After a lot of hesitation I finally agreed to be taken to school in one of the cars, I mean they had done like a lot for me and I feel like I'm being spoilt now.

On the way to school I had pleaded with the driver to make a quick stop at my house so I would explain everything to my parents and apologized too with the little time I had left because I was already late for school.

"I can't believe you met my old friend, this world is such a small place" Dad said chuckling.

"I'm proud of you honey, you came back and explained everything but now you have to be on your way to school which you are late for"

"Are you gonna walk to school now?" My dad asked as he looked for his keys.

"Oh and I forgot... take a look out the window" I said as I walked out the door.

  "I'll be back later in the evening as I said earlier cause his parents wants to see me" I said as I ran to the car and waved at my parents who were still in shock with a slight smile as they stood on our porch and beheld the ride.

*

I made it just in time before my classes started. I quickly ran to my class and sat down next to Jake and Addison who stared at me like they had never seen me before.

"Hi" I said panting

"Dude! Where have you been? after you left for work we never heard from you again, we tried calling you a lot of times and no way" Jake said sounding a little bit annoyed.

"Did something happen to you? cause your dad called us to find out if you had come to hang out with us and guess what?" Addison asked.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"You were not with us and that got us worried" Addison said with a punch to my arm.

"I'm so sorry guys, but I'm fine. I was just... caught up with work" I said and I felt guilty cause it feels like I lied to them but was it really a lie?, I mean at that time I was working when I got caught up in everything that happened. Soon enough my thoughts were interrupted when the teacher comes in.

                     *

"Are you coming?" Jake asked as we walked outside the school premises.

"No I can't come cause, I have work today" I said not making eye contact.

"But it's Friday, you're free today" Addison said looking at me and trying to search for answers in my eyes.

"Yeah that's true but it's not at Cheeto's. I... I really have this important thing to do... at home... it's very private, but I'll tell you guys about it when it's all done" I said wiping off sweat from my forehead.

They both stared at me for a few seconds before Jake broke the silence.

"Ok man, if you say so... see you tomorrow then"

"Yeah sure"

"I know you're lying, I'm  gonna let this slide now, but i'm not gonna let you off the hook that easily, I'll keep an eye on you" Addison said making gestures with her hands in a whisper which she knew Jake heard before they left.

I knew I should have told them what's been going on but I don't really know how to tell them I really feel bad inside but at the same time i still don't really know if to tell my best friends or not. I'm really confused right now, but deep down I knew everything will be sorted out soon, someday, I hope.

End of Prologue

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?
Like and Comment.

Do you think Marc should open up to his friends at this point?

Write down your thoughts in the comment section and don't forget to hit that star button ⭐️🧡

Another set of Manu Rios photos that brings joy to the heart

Joy to the heart 🥰❤️❤️‍🔥