Chapter 48 - In The Beginning... (Edited)

3 Years Ago

Mr. Ferreira sits with his good friend and long time business partner Mr. Peterson.

A bottle of champagne that costs more than anyone could imagine rests comfortably on the fine black marble table separating the two multimillionaires although one of them is more likely to sit comfortably on that billionaire status zone anytime soon.

"Thank you" Mr. Peterson says as Mr. Ferreira pours him a glass of champagne.

"It's time to celebrate our victory... Big wins... Small wins... Victory" Mr. Ferreira says as they both raise their glasses to toast.

They had both worked on a software project together and it's booming already in the public market making them millions of profits already.

Mr. Wright finishes his drink in one go and pours himself another.

"Slow down, William" Mr. Ferreira chuckles to himself.
"It's not going anywhere"

"It's not but you know me already by now" Mr. Peterson says and both men erupt into laughter.

Wealthy business men and their jokes... you can never understand them till you become rich.

"You brought the documents like we discussed?" Mr. Ferreira asks taking a sip from his glass.

"Ah yes... I almost forgot... It's in here" Mr. Williams drops his almost empty second glass on the black marble table and stands up to get his office bag he dropped on the chair.

The office door is slightly open and so noises could be heard from outside.

"I'll be right back. I gotta go tell the kids to keep it down" Mr. Ferreira excuses himself and leaves.

Mr. Wright stands still as he sees two different types of documents in his hands.

"Shit" he curses under his breath.

He immediately puts a call through to his secretary who had given him the wrong documents.

"Why did you put give me the second paper in hard copy?" He whisper yells into the phone.
"I asked for the second one to be sent to my email"

"I'm sorry sir, It was a mistake" A voice speaks from the speakers.

"Well your mistake is a costly one-"

"Is everything alright?" Mr Ferreira voice sends all form of blood circulation in Mr. Peterson to come to a stop as he nearly gets a heart attack.

He cuts the the call immediately and turns around and wipes away sweat from his forehead.

Those files could expose him right there and then.

He had bribed one of the financial executives for him to transfer more money to him from Mr. Ferreira's profits from the business deal they had just closed upon and the only way to do that was to take it from the salary Mr. Ferreira would pay his workers. He would pay then the exact amount and collect his own share from it thereby causing Mr. Ferreira to run into losses which he wouldn't notice since he was a multimillionaire.

"You don't look so good" Mr. Ferreira comments.

"It's nothing, Just trying to handle business as usual" Mr. Peterson replies with a false smile.

"Alright then" His gaze moves to the documents in the hands of Mr. Williams.

"Are those the documents?" He asks collecting them from Mr. Peterson.

"No... I mean yes... yes" Mr. Williams mentally facepalms himself.

Just as Mr. Ferreira was about to open the files he received a call and one he sees the caller ID he isn't too happy anymore.

"I'm so sorry but we'll have to continue our conversation some other time. As you know I also have businesses to take care of" Mr. Ferreira says with an apologetic smile.

He drops the files on the main office desk and Mr. Peterson let's put a sigh of relief but still has fears surrounding him as he eyes the documents in the folder.

If he goes there now and collects a page out of it he would look suspicious and Mr. Ferreira is really wise that he can connect the dots easily.

Both men leave the office and Mr. Ferreira instructs one of the house helps waiting outside the office to go tidy up the office and lock it up.

The house help does as instructed putting everything back in place including the folder kept on the table which he shelves and it remained there untouched.

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?
VOTE AND COMMENT.

Well, Well, Well.... There you have it folks 🤠

Don't be a silent reader :/
Please vote and comment your thoughts... :)

Let's not talk about how I bribed you guys with Manu Rios pictures in the last chapter so you wouldn't hold a knife up to my neck while asking me if Marc is gonna be okay 😅

See y'all in the next chapter 👋