Chapter 39 - Chaste Kisses (Edited)

- There will be a change of POV in this chapter -

If I had a dollar for every time y'all romanticize, Jeff Bezos would definitely be working under me.

MARC

I definitely did not imagine waking up like this.

Ok, maybe some part of me did.

I could've sworn we were apart when we laid down to sleep.

It's clearly the opposite now.

Daniel wrapped his hand over my midsection and had buried his head on my shoulder while his warm breath ticked my shoulder but I did not mind and our legs intertwined under the duvet.

I could feel his steady heartbeat as his bare chest was pressed behind my bare back and his body warmth brought a cozy feeling to me.

We definitely look like two couples who were on vacation at this point.

I wasn't sure why but I smiled to myself at that thought.

Why am I smiling stupidly at the thought of dating Daniel? I don't really know because this is all new to me.

Literally, I can't explain whatever this is.

I mean I just kissed him.

Oh My God! I kissed Daniel Fucking Ferreira.

The memories from last night flooded my thoughts as I began feeling a tingling feeling on my lips. I brought my free hand and touched my lips where his once were and that's when I got pulled away from my thoughts.

"Good Morning" Daniel spoke in a very husky voice and his lips brushed against my shoulder as he spoke and that sent shivers down my spine.

"Good Morning" I replied feeling more awake and he only hugged me closer and that make me all flustered for no reason.

"Daniel..." I trailed off.

"I want to stay like this" he said snuggling even more and that made his voice muffled.

I chucked a little at his childish behavior which he rarely shows.

"I know... me too" I said the last part in more of a whisper but I'm sure he heard it too because of his next reply.

"Then let's stay like this for the rest of the day, I don't mind spending my time with you" he said and that made me turn around to face him with his hand still around me.

His hair had covered most of his face and his eyes were still closed.

I don't know what other word to use to describe how he looked right now.

He definitely looks cute.

I used my free hand to move his hair to his side revealing his full face and during this process my fingers made contact with his skin and that seemed to do the trick as his eyes fluttered open revealing those mysteries grey eyes once again.

"I'm sure your family will be worried about you if they don't see you all day and I have to go to work later today" I said softly.