Chapter 26 - "...I Did Not Run In These Heels For This..." (Edited)

DANIEL

"Stop" I said to Mr. Roger's daughter, Taylor. She's been clinging on to me all evening.

Throughout the evening, I've been called here and there to dance or talk with my parents' businesses partners who always claim to be nice and all but in reality they're just stingy people who want to use me to talk to my parents about signing one contract or the other and some modeling offers to me but all that did not matter to me at this moment - ok, maybe the modeling offers did matter to me at some point and I will probably look into some of them later.

I had eye contact with Marc a few times, he looked... sad. That would be the right word because I felt it too. I couldn't talk to him as I wanted to, I couldn't be with him as I wanted to, I wanted to be with him but the universe decided otherwise.

I was in some hallway, away from the paparazzis who's been taking every opportunity to take pictures of Taylor and I together.

"I don't want to do this anymore" I continued.

She only looked at me a bit embarrassed and sad.

"I don't want to mess with your feelings but I feel like if I don't tell you now, we'll both regret it in the near future" I said looking away from her eyes and unwrapping my hands from her waist- which she put there against my will. she equally did the same as she unwrapped her hands from my neck.

"I, I'm so sorry" She said taking a step back and looking down.

"My dad wanted us to be together and I like you a lot too but I guess the choice isn't his or mine to make" She said looking at nothing in particular.

"Hey" I said taking her hand and she looked at me with saddened eyes,

"I'm sorry but you're really great and have a kind heart too but I like someone else... and... I don't want to hurt your feelings anymore, that doesn't mean we can't be really good friends, If you'd like that" I said with a genuine smile.

She smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, sure, that sounds good" she said in a fain tone, tho not fully back to her normal self.

"Come on, let's go" I said to her and we began walking to the hall.

*

I scanned the hall for any sight of Marc but he wasn't there. I spotted a table where Jake and Addison were situated talking with a few other people and still no sign of Marc.

"Hey" I say as I walked over to them.

"Have you seen Marc?, I've been looking around for him but couldn't find him" I continued.

Jake and Addison shared a look and I felt something was up.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"He just left, he'll be back soon" Jake said not making eye contact.

I raised a brow and look at Addison.

"He went to the bathroom" Addison said and the girl next to her looked at both of them but said nothing like she also knew something that I didn't.