Chapter 49 - Missing (Edited)

Texts in Italics are flashbacks

Daniel

"Come on, Let's go" Bryan said softly as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

I turned around to face him and his eyes softened.

I probably look dejected right now and I do. Everything that has happened was just too much for me to take in. I know I look all strong on the outside and all but I'm actually broken inside but then at the same time I have to stay strong for Marc.

Bryan wrapped his arms around me in a comforting hug and maybe that was just something I needed right now. Comfort.

"I also don't know what's going on but everything will be okay" He comforted.

I know but why is this happening? What has Marc got to do with this? Who is even behind all of this? Why do I have so many unanswered questions?

"Thanks" I managed to say instead.

I had questions that not even Bryan could answer.

We finally went back inside but our Parents had gone upstairs to discuss about the incident and then whatever else comes up to occupy their interest.

I decided to go to my room to rest a bit so when I wake up I'll have all the energy to think of ways to prove Marc's innocent.

*

"Please tell them I'm innocent" Marc said as he had his back turned to me as he stood a few feet away.

"I know you are, I don't know what's happening but we'll prove you're innocent" I said reassuringly to him.

No response.

I decided to go closer to him and take his hand in mine to let him know I was here with him and we'll go through this together and conquer.

Strangely, the more I took forward steps the more I never seemed to reach him.

"Marc...?" I couldn't quite understand what's going on at the moment.

He started to fade away and fear came over me as I began to run faster but still I couldn't reach him and he finally faded away.

"Marc!"

My eyes shut open and I found myself in my room as I breathed heavily while being drenched in sweat.

It was only a dream.

I laid in bed for a few more minutes as I put myself together.

The digital clock by my side showed 8:15pm

Oh shit.

How long have I been asleep?

I sat up on my bed and at the same time a knock came from the door.

"Come in" I said in a raspy voice.

The door opened revealing my mom standing in the doorway with a small smile on her face.