Chapter 8 - Father's Call (Edited)

MARC

"I got us something this Thursday?" Sophie said as we stood around the counter area waiting to be called by one of the customers or attending to the new ones.

"What is it?" I asked as I raised a brow at her.

"Oh... I don't know... maybe a job to work at some party... serve drinks, eat food, get asked out by someone" she said that last part more to herself than me while smiling sheepishly.

"Forget I said that last part... but the bottom line is... we'll get a good pay and have a good time too" she said taking a bite from one of the canceled order on one of the table.

"Who throws a party on a Thursday? Besides it's a school night and it's literally tomorrow's night" I said matter of factly and I am extremely tempted to join in taking a bite from the food which I'm sure we weren't on our break to do so, more or less take a bite from a canceled order but Sophie is a bit adventurous and breaks the rules most times.

"Who cares, I also have school too and I heard it's gonna be a party thrown by someone from your school" she says and I raise a brow at her.

My school? No way, I hope it isn't the party I've been hearing of these past few days planned by Alita, an invite only party.

I've never really been to high school parties, more or less a party being held on a school night.

"You up until tomorrow to think about it. There was really no one who could fill that spot so I remembered you, and you aren't so bad anymore at taking orders too" she said smiling.

"Oh shut up" I said rolling my eyes at her which she only made her laugh so she covered her mouth with her hands to muffle her laugher as people began looking our way.

"Fine, but seriously you don't have to think about this, who knows what you might come across" she said raising her shoulders a bit.

"So are you in or in" she asked me extending her hand for a handshake.

"Are you kidding me" I asked chuckling.

"Nope, there's no way out on this one Marco" she says.

"Fine, I'll give it a try" I said as I shook hands with her which made her smile like she just accomplished a mission.

*

We arrived at the gate a few minutes late and that's was my fault because right now some unusual teenage boy was roaming a huge house party with a beard.

That boy was me.

Now this may sound silly of me but you can't blame me entirely for messing with my hair and putting on a fake beard in order to appear different in the midst of 75% of people who go to the same school as me. I don't know why but it would be embarrassing kind of to appear as a waiter at people your own age's party just because they were richer than you and let's not forget this is an invite only party. I'm not invited. Well technically I am but not by the host.

I'm really sorry but the law concerning Dignity of Labor is not giving me enough confidence right now.

An hour or so into the party some random guy bumped into me while I held a tray of filled glass cups.

"Hey, watch where you're going" Alita said to me harshly as she walked hand in hand with the guy who I could not see his face properly because he was surrounded by lots of people.