Support

Year - 2017, Miya is 17 and in her last year of school.

The youngest was on a video call with her mom whilst checking her mails on side by side on her phone.

The laptop screen showed her mother talking. She asked her about how her day went and what she was doing now. The girl happily answered all the questions.

"You know... Samantha scored a 95% in the finals last year. And you, you could only score an 86. Don't you think you should give more time to your studies?"

"Are you seriously comparing me to a girl who only studies day and night to your daughter who manages studies, learning new languages and a whole career on her head?" Miya put her phone down, turning to her mom.

"Did I tell you to choose singing as your career?"

The 17 year old's jaw clenched. Finding it rather offending that her mother is still not over her habit of comparing her to other children.

"I can't believe you just said that mom. The age where I was supposed to go and play outside I started earning a living. What do you think I'm wasting my time in this? It's you and dad who told me to do whatever I want to, and now that I am doing it, you are finding all the faults in me." Her voice turned a little loud. Others heads turned to her side watching her brows furrow and the faint scowl resting on her face.

"It's not about that, you could have studied and picked a normal career. Not a... Singer and dancer. What did you even find in it? I should have never gave you any freedom. Neither could I have went easy on you nor you would have ran away from home to pursue your so called career."

Her this opinion made Miya's eyes to water.

"I know there are a lot of faults in me mom. You don't need to join in to it, literally everyone out there in the world sees all the flaws I have. They never see anything good in me."

"Well if maybe you would have continued your studies and got into some good college you wouldn't have to go through such things."

"So you are saying that it's my fault too? Wow. What a supporting mother I have. You know what, I knew that you would never support me if I ever told you what I actually wanted to do. That's why I ran away. I knew you were just going to shrug me off and laugh in my face if I said I wanted to be a singer. Come on mom, I've known you since I've been born. I've seen enough to know that I would have never reached where I am right now if I would have told you about my dreams. You just lied when you said we would have supported you anyway. You lied that you support me. You lied you are with me. You lied about ever being with me mom." At this pointed the tears started to spill from her eyes in heavy droplets. "Every single time you call you always have something or someone to complain about. You take out your frustration on me. You know that I already go through so much but you still choose to do this with me. Every single time I do something I wonder if my parents are proud of me. I want someone to tell me that my parents agree on what I am doing. You were supposed to show me that you are with me at every step. But it's them." She pointed at the members who now stood in front of the kitchen isle watching her almost scream at the laptop screen with sad eyes. "They always tell me that you are proud of what I do. But I never see it."

Her mom watched her wail through the screen. Guilt started to rise in her chest watching her young daughter almost have an anxiety attack.

She looked so different from when she was a kid. She thought.

"Since you have started talking did you ever think about me? Did you ask me why I look so tired? Did you ask me why I have these bags under my eyes? Did you ask me why do I have this band-aid over my forehead? Did you ever even cared about me? Did you ask me how much sleep did I get? Did you ever think of visiting me? No. You did nothing, you thought nothing. At this point I feel like I'm just a doll that you are using to buy things for yourself. You wanted that I bought you that. What do I have to do to make you believe that I'm into this thing? How am I supposed to make you feel proud? Does Samantha stay up late to practice dance? Samantha gets atleast 7 hours of sleep. I barely sleep 4 hours. You are so into comparing her to me that I just think she is your daughter not me. You know what if you love her so much go and adopt her. It's not really difficult for me to cut ties. That's what you said right? It's not really hard to cut ties with your childhood best friend. I can live with the fact knowing that I have a mother, but she doesn't care about me. I have decided what I want to do, and I will do that. You don't want to support me I don't care. I still have a lot out there who would support me no matter what."

"I only had one genuine supporter...and she... She died. It's quite easy for me to know that I have no one for me but these guys. These guys make me feel happier and supported than you ever did. If you keep this act of yours going, I would not mind and make them my official family from the second position. These guys who you are skeptical about. These guys, who you say are dangerous for me to live with, who you say could take advantage of me. I've known them for just 5 years. But they make me feel safer than you do. They know when something is wrong."

"Mom's are supposed to know everything. That's what everyone says. But you? You don't. You are so into your self respect that you couldn't figure out if something was wrong with your child when she came crying to you. You couldn't figure out why I was in the same room with my cousin brother who exited the room after me. You couldn't figure out why I distanced myself from him, why I was scared of him.You couldn't figure out a simple thing. You couldn't fucking figure out that your kid was molested! All you did was scream at me to shut up. All you did was hit me because I was being too loud."

Her mom's mouth parted but no words came out. Tears started to make their way in her eyes after hearing what her daughter said.

"I was... I was 6. I didn't know what to do, what to say... You were supposed to make sure I tell you everything but instead I was scared. That you would just laugh it off too, thinking I was too young to know what was good and what was bad. I wanted to tell you, but I was scared that you would shrug it off and joke about how I thought I was harrassed by my own cousin." Miya voice went a little low, tears didn't stop making their way down.

"Michelle...baby I... I didn't know... Why didn't you tell me?" Her mom stuttered.

"Because you never took me seriously... Remember that first prize I won in 3rd grade? That was such a big achievement for me... But no... That wasn't enough for you. You wanted me to fly an airplane at such age huh?" Miya wiped her cheeks and chuckled.

"Michelle... I'm sorry."

"Only if you felt it mom. Only if you felt this sorry at that time maybe we wouldn't have been having this kind of conversation right now." She finally looked at her and then hung up.

Miya took a deep breath, leaning back in her chair, covering her eyes to stop the tears making their way again.

"I'm never good enough for anyone. Nobody appreciates what I do and only want to find mistakes that I have every step I make." She mumbled, her voice blant.

"Hey don't think that." Namjoon came beside her, gently placing his hand on her shoulder. "We appreciate your presence. We appreciate the efforts you make in anything that you do. We are all here for you."

"What is even the point? When my own blood relate's don't appreciate me. You are just a bandmate. You will have your own family one day. We will not be together forever." She blankly stared at the floor.

"Look Mi, I know that we are just bandmates and yes, we will depart from each other, but as a group. We would never stop caring about you. The end would be to the group. Not to our relationship. We would always be the shoulder you want to lean your head on."

"And take the blame of trying to steal you from your wife?" She looked up at him, not having any sense left after the breakdown she just had.

Namjoon chuckled. "No matter whoever comes in my life as a life partner. You will always be like my little sister. And I'll always be there for you."

"Ouch... I'm like a sister?" She placed her hand on her chest.

"You little" Namjoon laughed and ruffled her hair. Then taking her in for a hug, which she gladly accepted.

"So... Do we just stand here as the third wheelers or..." Jimin said.

"I mean if you want to" Miya shrugged.

"Well I definitely don't listen to you so here I come." He skipped to them joining into the hug and ushering everyone else to join in too.

Everyday atleast once they used to make new moments... Which would become sweet memories later on.

Vote and comment!