06

I hop on the bike putting my helmet on, same as Gio. Aiden called Gio telling us to come home for dinner.

Gio stops suddenly, I glance at him confused.

"You're riding in the back this time." He says, I laugh as I scoot to the back of the bike. He hops on and takes off.

Elijah called me while we were out, telling me that he overheard my dad and brothers saying I was on the hit-list. And I was actually surprised.

The only questions is: who the hell knew I was here? Either my dad has a rat or something is definitely up.

Elijah said he was going to talk to me about the situation further when I got home.

Eventually,we pull in the driveway, passing the guards. Gio parks the bike in the garage and we both hop off and make our way to the door.

Immediately, I'm hit with the smell of food and my stomach growls. Gio and I split up; I go to wash my hands and I'm assuming he's doing the same.

I walk into the dining room and I'm greeted them all at the table. Elijah and Aiden conversing about something, Nicolas buried in his phone, Gio and Antonio arguing, dad and Lorenzo in a deep conversation.

Dad is at the head on the table, Lorenzo on his right, Gio, Antonio, Nic, Aiden, and Elijah.

I pull my chair out and sit down, then I stare at them waiting til they get done with whatever their doing. I give up and take out my phone, scrolling through it.

After a couple of minutes they start to quite down, and I look up from my phone to see them all staring at me.

"What?" I ask. They just continue to stare, "You all are weird..." A lady comes in with our food and starts placing the plates on the table, me and Elijah say our 'thank you's' and she leaves.

We all start to dig in and go straight into different conversations.

Antonio finishes his story he was telling all of us, about how Nicolas used to run around naked because he didn't want to put his clothes on.

Dad clears his throat and we all look to him.

"Okay, the reason I wanted us to have dinner together was because we needed to discuss some things," he looks to me and Elijah.

"What's that?" I question.

"Your criminal records?" he says, me and Elijah look to each other with slightly wide eyes. I turn back to dad.

Of course, he knew.

"Yes. You're the boss of the Italian mafia...you don't like our records?" I pout. They all look to me confused and shocked.

"Oh, come on, don't tell me you didn't think we knew. I know we're dumb but we're not that dumb." I roll my eyes.

Doesn't everyone know?

He chuckles as he continues, "Would you both mind explaining how you got criminal records?" he asks us.

I look to Elijah and he's already looking at me.

Elijah clears his throat, "We were just being stupid and playing around that's all," he says.

Truth is, we use to hang around the wrong crowd... you know,gangs and stuff. That's how we got criminal records, started killing and hacking. We separated from them when we saw them for who they really were, and then it went back to just me and Elijah again.

It was always better with just him anyways.

"Aurelia," I turn to dad, "That's all?" I nod.

I must be dreaming because I could've sworn this entire conversation I saw amused grins on all of their faces.