14

It was the next morning, all of us were eating breakfast and conversing with on another.

I had put Gianni to sleep after we played the piano. I would like to think the kid is warming up to me. Right now he's sitting next to me instead of Aiden, I think Aiden's jealous because he's been glaring.

Or maybe he's just in a mood?

"Red," Gianni answers. I've been asking him questions trying to get to know him. So far I've learned that he's likes Superman more than Spider-man.

"Aurelia where we're you last night? I'd been looking but I couldn't get ahold of you." Nonna asks me and I turn away from Gianni.

"I was in the library," I answered calmly. My family were now looking at me with suspicion.

"I was. Gianni was there with me."

"That was you?" aunt Maria asks. "Playing the piano?" I nod.

"You play very well." she compliments with a smile and I thank her.

"Your mother use to play." Grandma says and I then look to her curiously.

"All the time." she continues. "Every moment she wasn't doing whatever she would play nonstop, beautifully."

After breakfast some of us part our ways and Elijah and I go up to my room.

"Do you like them?" Elijah asks me as we settle down on my bed.

"I don't know. I mean, I guess." I shrug, not really knowing what to say. I just met them so I don't know how to feel about them, they're nice.

"Do you?" I ask.

"I think they're...cool." I laugh lightly.

He takes out his phone and starts scrolling through it, I stare at him.

"Do you like Sam?" I ask suddenly and his head snaps up, ears slightly pink at the mention of Sam.

"What? No." he says shaking his head.

"Really?" I tilt my head. "Not even a little crush?"

"No—Aurelia, you know I don't 'crush' on people." he says seriously.

"Okay," I say. "If you say so."

I decide to let it go knowing he would tell me on his own time when he feels like it.

A couple hours we all go down to the theatre room, and Gio and Nic are going at it about which movie we should watch.

"Let's watch The Notebook."

"We should watch a funny movie instead,"

"But The Notebook is a good movie!"

"Okay how about we let Gianni decide?" I say cutting them off.

"But he's a child!" Nic whines.

"Exactly! He'll pick a childish movie." Antonio agrees and I glare at them.

"Gianni, what would you like to watch?" I ask Gianni as I glare at Nic and Antonio, daring them to protest.

"Avengers!" he says excitedly.

"Avengers it is." I smile and turn on the movie. There's a series of groans but I ignore them as I watch Gianni's face light up as the movie starts.

                                               ..

It's three days later and I'm currently getting ready to leave.

Aunt Maria and aunt Madeline wanted to take me out shopping with them. I certainly couldn't deny them when they asked me although, I wanted to so bad.