36

I sit back and watch as Elijah teaches Elliot some defense moves.

It's been a week. And during those seven days my father and the rest of us has been meeting with Diego and his people regularly.

We have all been looking for anything that will lead us straight towards Maxim, or get us close to him.

In the beginning, when the meetings started, we were all itching to find a single clue to bring back. Sometimes we came up empty handed and other times we did find clues, but they were dead ends.

Which was absolutely useless.

But dad always came back with information, even if it wasn't about Maxim, but his dead wife instead.

He found out that Adina would find a way to meet with Maxim once a month, and that she paid some of dad's guards to keep their mouths shut.

They ended up losing their lives soon after.

One thing we had no clue about, was what they talked about during those secret meetings.

Apparently our lying mother was able to keep that secret to the grave. At least, for now.

Diego and dad thought we would find information better if we had partners. I was paired up with Sara which caused us to have to spend time together a lot.

I learned some news things about her, but sometimes when I asked her questions she closed up. As if she didn't want to speak anymore.

She seemed...cool. But a little weird though. Good thing she didn't try to kiss me again. But the almost kiss was long forgotten because neither of us tried to bring it up again.

Sometimes I would catch her staring at me and she would turn away quickly. Sometimes I would glance over to see how she was doing, only to find her on her phone doing a lot of texting.

One time I looked over at her phone and before I even got a chance to even glance, she turned it away.

Like I said, closed off, secretive, and weird.

I made a mental note to remind myself to bring it up with my brothers and Elijah.

Anyways, yesterday we attended another meeting. I thought it was going to go as it always was: new information but a dead end.

Not making it seem like I don't have hope in finding Maxim, but I didn't see us getting anywhere anytime soon.

But when Aiden and Nic came in there...let's just say, the meeting didn't go as it always did.

Which is the main reason why I was dressed up and ready to leave.

We got word that Maxim was staying at this abandoned hotel hours away, and Lorenzo, Elijah, Aiden and myself were going to check it out today.

I winced slightly as Elijah threw a punch at Elliot's torso. But Elliot didn't back down, he punched him and kicked Elijah's legs from under him. Doing exactly what Elijah taught him.

After some long minutes Elijah was down and Elliot was standing over him, both of them out of breath.

I clapped loudly with a huge smile plastered on my face. "Bravo!"

Elliot looked up in surprise while Elijah just smiled. Elijah already saw me, he knew I was in here watching.

"Looks like you're getting the hang of it," I said, walking up to them. "Have you fought before or something?"

"Uh, I used to box on my free time when I was with..." He trailed off, taking off his gloves.

I nodded. "Oh."