27

When I woke up the next morning I planned to go to school.

But that all changed when I went into the kitchen and saw that we had guests.

"It's a school day. I didn't know we were having guests this early." I say to my dad, who's on the other side of the island with Alec's dad, Diego.

"I didn't know either," dad grunts, he seems to not like the idea of them being here this early. Diego's people are making themselves comfortable.

I look around at the others who seem to be agreeing with dad because of their tired glares.

"Look, it's worth it because I got some good news." Diego says.

"Yeah? And what might that be?" Gio mumbles.

Diego ignores him and continues, "Ivan Sigor is here on vacation." he starts, "Apparently he's meeting someone at Pleasure Point to talk business."

Ivan Sigor is Maxim's ex-bodyguard. I say 'ex' because he stole from him and has been on the run ever since. I'm surprised he isn't dead.

"Who is he meeting?" dad asks, turning his full attention to Diego.

"And what does that have to do with us? He's not even with Maxim anymore." says Lorenzo.

"Well," Diego pauses. "Let's just say Ivan is meeting Omar Fengal there, and that definitely means something. Plus, if we want to find out why they are meeting we'll need Aurelia."

"Omar?" I ask, completely dismissing the fact that he just said he'll need me for something. "Omar is Maxim's personal guard." And as soon as I said that, things already started piecing together.

I cast a glance at Elijah to see if he figured out what was going on too, he was already looking at me, shaking his head in disbelief.

Though I could definitely see this happening. Everyone hates Maxim, some love him—might even worship him, others were just to scared to stand up to him. I kind of understood though. I mean, he is a psycho.

"They're working together." Aiden voiced our thoughts, earning a nod from Diego.

"And you need my daughter for what, exactly?" dad asked, staring at Diego expectantly. We all looked too, wondering the same thing.

Diego cleared his throat before he spoke, "Aurelia is known as Star, the killing machine and dangerous seductress." He said. "It is only right that she be the one to be at Pleasure Point and gain Ivan's attention and find out what him and Omar have going on."

He added, "And I wanted to discuss with you about our people—from your mafia and mine—to be there under disguise and make sure she is safe."

Dad's emotion is very clear on his face: he doesn't want me involved. But I will be involved either way because I will protect my family, even if it means putting myself at risk.

Dad looks at me, and I look at him. He's debating, but he should know that it's no use. He knows that I have to do this if we want Maxim gone.

"What will I have to do?" my voice is calm as I ask Diego. I'm still looking at dad and I swear I see his lips twitch upward, I then turn back to Diego.

Diego then begins to explain to all of us how I will need to play a role as a stripper at the club. And how I will win over Ivan's attention. Then he talks about how Alec, Elijah, and some of his and my dad's people will be in the club at the same time as me, making sure that everything goes well and that I'll be safe.

I zone out after a while because I already know how things like this goes. I've been on a couple missions like this so I know quite a lot.

As he continues to talk and the others ask more questions, my mind drifts over to Elliot. I told him that he'll see me at school and he's probably looking for me.