43

I looked up from my book when I heard a loud groan.

Elijah was slightly bent over, clutching at his jaw with a pained and amused expression. Elliot was a few inches away, watching Elijah with a smirk on his face as he stood in his fighting position.

"Fuck," Elijah grunted, palming his jaw. "You're getting better at this shit, Elliot."

"Oh, come on," Elliot chuckled. "I didn't hit you that hard."

I laughed quietly as I saw Elijah look at Ellie with a look of disbelief.

"Are you fucking with me right now?" Elliot shook his head, suppressing a grin. "Well, let me show you how much that hurt then."

Elijah lunged at Elliot, but Elliot was quicker—he slid under Elijah's legs and jumped back up with a smile when he saw his face.

"I'm good actually," he said.

Elijah continued advancing toward him, a grin on his face. "You being a pussy, Ellie boy?"

Elliot shook his head again. "Nope. Just don't think—"

Elijah cut him off with a punch to his jaw, causing Elliot to stumble back a bit. Elliot groaned softly as he took ahold of his jaw, turning his head to look at Elijah who was grinning his ass off.

Elliot rolled his neck and let out a content sigh before he grinned back.

Oh fuck. That was hot.

And then in a blink of an eye, Elliot lunged at Elijah and then they were laughing while throwing punches, rolling all over the mat.

I shook my head as I looked back down at my book and pretended I didn't hear them beat each other asses up.

It got quiet after some long minutes and I heard hushed voices. I glanced up to find Elliot and Elijah farther away near the door, talking to each other.

I furrowed my eyebrows and strained my ears as I tried to listen in, but I heard nothing but whispers.

Suddenly, as if Elliot felt me staring, he looked over his shoulder at me, his eyes widening when they find mine and he instantly turns back around.

Okay...?

Then Elijah looked at me and back at Elliot, gesturing with his hands. Elliot nodded frantically. Elijah smiles at him and turns to leave, but not before giving me a sheepish smirk.

I closed my book as Elliot walked toward me, looking behind him for a second. I stood and raised an eyebrow.

"What was that about?" I questioned.

Elliot shrugged. "Nothing," he said, and I cocked my head to the side. "He was just...asking questions and stuff. Nothing important."

Elliot smiled reassuringly at me and I couldn't help but smile back. Though after some seconds, Elliot's smile slowly faded into a nervous one.

"Aurelia..." he started slowly, suddenly seeming very nervous. "I, um...I would like to...take you on a date," he added quickly, "If you would let me."

I turned my head slightly, trying to hide the small smile forming on my lips.

I was surprised, of course. I didn't expect Elliot to be asking me on a date. But they way he was acting right now—all shy and nervous—made me smirk.

I saw him shift from of foot to another as he waited for me to talk, doubt in his face. I already knew my answer, but I wanted to make him sweat a little.

I turned back to him. "Uh," I drawled. "Of course, Ellie." I smiled.

His eyes lit up as a huge grin came upon his face. "Really? You're not fucking with me right now? Because I'm serious."