24

Elliot's POV:

Today makes it a full week for how long I've stayed with Aurelia.

I'm pretty sure she has been avoiding me. And I don't know why. We've talked a couple of times, mostly when she helps me with my wound and medication. Though, they have healed some.

I've been extremely bored stuck up in this room all day. I have my books but they don't exactly solve the problem.

So I left my room and started wandering about. I have been in this house for a while and I still don't know where everything is other than my room, Aurelia's room, and the kitchen.

I walk through the halls quite proudly, the guards can't touch me now.

While wandering about, I get lost. Even though I tried so hard to remember the turns I took so I could always find my way back, I get lost.

Then I start opening any door in sight, until I come upon a room the interests me. It's a small library.

The door closes behind me with a loud thud, making me jump slightly.

I glance around as I begin to walk through the library, going up and down shelves filled with books. I spot a hardcover of Wuthering Heights and take it off the shelf smoothly, making sure not to mess anything up.

I flip through pages, coming across my favorite quote: "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. If all else is perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else is remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."

"There you are," a voice sounds from behind me.

I almost drop the book at the sound of Aurelia's voice. I turn around, my eyes wide, startled.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," she grins. "I've been looking for you. Come on." she gestures and turns around to leave.

I look back at the bookshelf, contemplating on whether to keep the book or leave it.

I keep my hold on it and turn around, following after Aurelia.

"W-Where are we going?" I ask, trying to catch up with her fast pace.

"We are going to get rid of your step-dad," she says. I see her smirk. "And you need to change in something more...plain so blood won't get on it."

Blood?

She chuckles when I don't respond. "What we're you doing in the library?" She asks.

"Uhh, I got lost and came across it." I reply.

She stops in front of my room and opens the door, we both walk in. I'm quick to put the book inside the bedside table, along with other books that are classics.

She wouldn't mind, right?

"You sit on the bed. I'll pick something out." She says as she walks to my closet.

I sit on the bed and take notice of her outfit. She's wearing all black; a black shirt that sits above her stomach, black pants, black boots and a leather jacket.

She looks so good.

She could be wearing trash bag and make it look good.

Not saying that—

"Ellie?"

My head snaps up to hers, and when I see her eyes on me with a smirk on her face I blush and turn away, embarrassed.