51

Aurelia's POV:

"Where the fuck is she?!"

All my brothers noticeably jump at my dads cold voice echoing through the house whilst I wince and hurry to meet them.

I suppose I gave him the wrong impression...

I smile sheepishly at my dad when I see him down the hallway, Elliot walking closely behind him.

His shoulders slump in relief and he rushes towards me, engulfing me into a warm hug, one that I return gladly.

"God, don't ever do that again, Aurelia," he says, his voice muffled.

I laugh. "I didn't mean to scare you."

He looks at me as if I'm completely crazy. "You didn't mean to scare—are you fucking kidding me? I quote, 'dad, you need to come home right now. It's serious, I can't speak about it over the phone, they might be listening.' Who the fuck is they, anyways?"

I pull away and look at him. "I'm sorry I scared you, but just go in there and wait. You'll find out."

He sighs loudly and stomps in the conference room like a child.

I turn around and finally look at Elliot.

The Elliot who may or may not have said he loved me.

My heart starts beating faster at the memory, I don't know if it's because of fear or happiness.

"Hey," I greet softly, offering a small smile.

He stares at me as if he's trying to figure me out, searching all around my face. His shoulders fall in...disappointment?

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

He just shakes his head and smiles. "Nothing," he says as he walks over and hugs me. "What's going on?"

I can hear the worry in his voice, and I sigh. "A lot is going on, but I rather not put you in the middle of it." It's better that way.

He leans away furrowing his eyebrows. "What is it?"

I bite my lip, contemplating if I should tell him, but I go with the ladder. "It's nothing important. Gianni was looking for you, he wants you to help him pack," I lie.

"They're leaving?"

I nod. "Yeah. So, shoo." I push him away and hear his small laughter as he walks away and turns the corner. When he's out of sight, I make my way in the conference room.

I made a mental note to myself to ask Elliot how it went with my dad as I took a seat between Elijah and Aiden.

"Let's get this shit over with," dad grumbles impatiently as he motioned to one of his guards who pressed a button on the remote and the TV flickered on.

It started with static at first, and then the screen went blank. I shifted as a clear of a throat was heard.

"Maxim, here, fellow friends—eh, enemies," he laughed. The voice sounded like a robot. "And hello to you, my star. I know you're watching this, also."

I tried not to tense as he acknowledged me even though we couldn't see each other and his voice was speaking through a screen.

I hate that fucking nickname.

"Anyways, you guys have been real bold. I wasn't shocked that you didn't retaliate, but it was a rather smart move. I would've tore you guys apart, one by one," he paused. "Not you, my star, you know I love you too much."