13

Aurelia's POV:

I wasn't dumb.

I knew what was going on in that house. But I had to be smart, I couldn't let my emotions get the best of me, not yet.

Today Elijah and I had to show dad our skills and I've been in the gym for about two hours already.

I decided to come in early because I was getting fatigued, and hitting this punching bag helped with that.

My mind then goes to Elliot's step dad.

I didn't know the man personally, but God...just the thought of him made me want to stop everything and blow his brains out right now.

I needed to think of plan to get Elliot out of that house and get rid of his stepdad at the same time.

"What did that punching bag ever do to you?" Elijah says from the other side of the room, sarcastically.

I throw one last punch and turn around towards him with a smile.

"Oh, you know...nothing." he laughs and comes up to me, inspecting me closely.

"What's up?" he questions with concern.

"It's the same thing..." I say.

Elijah shakes his head.

I've already told him everything about Elliot and his stepdad, he was pretty mad to say the least.

We both never understood what drove parents to treat their kids so wrong with no remorse. It was extremely frustrating.

"Ready?" a voice known as my dads then says and he both turn to look at him.

"Ready?" Nic tries to mimic dads voice and fails miserably. Elijah and I burst out laughing and dad slaps Nic upside his head.

"Ow!" Nic whines rubbing the back of his head.

Gio, Antonio, Aiden, and Lorenzo then walks through the doors.

"What's funny?" Lorenzo asks.

"Nothing, just the usual Nic being as class clown as always." dad says which makes me chuckle.

"Okay, I'm ready." I say when I sober up and Antonio snorts. I look to him, brows raising.

"What? Think I can't do this, brother?" I see Elijah try to give him a sign which he ignores.

"Of course not. I just think you can't beat me." he says smugly.

"Really?" I say as I begin wrapping my hands. "And why do you think that, Antonio?" I ask.

This will be fun.

"How about we just see for ourselves." dad voices before he opens his mouth again.

I look to the others seeing their amused faces, I finish wrapping my hands and start walking to the ring.

"Dad?" I call as I stand up.

"Sì?"

"Can I go against Antonio first?" I ask and watch as Antonio's head snaps to mine.

"Sure." he says.

"What—why do you want to go against me first?" Antonio questions and I shrug.

"Scared?" I ask.

"No." he scoffs, and begins to wrap his hands. When he finishes he climbs into the ring and we circle each other.

I hear my brothers and Elijah whispering about who will win and betting money.

"Aurelia's going to win, I'm telling you guys." Elijah says.