48

The rest of the week went by in a blink of an eye.

School was the usual. Ashley and her minions seemed to have calmed down, but there was some times where I would catch her talking to Elliot.

I didn't want to react upon it and act like a jealous girlfriend because I wasn't Elliot's girlfriend.

Was I?

We haven't even talked about the girlfriend-boyfriend-thing yet. But as I think about it now, I can't help but wonder.

Does he want me to be his girlfriend? Does he think I'm capable of being his girlfriend? Would I be a good girlfriend?

The questions started attacking me. I started second-guessing myself, something I never do.

Fuck, I was going crazy.

Elliot was driving me crazy.

In a bad or good way? I don't know. Though I secretly hoped it was a good way.

"Yoo-hoo!" Messiah waves his hand in my face, snapping me out of my daze. He has an amused smile on his face. "Did you even hear a word I said?"

"Yeah," I lie.

He gives me an unconvinced look. "Really? What did I say, then?"

I shrug.

He sighs heavily. "I said, Diego and Alec claims they did a background check on Sara already. They said we have nothing to worry about."

I scoff in disbelief. "Either they're idiots or just idiots because there's no way that they did a background check on her and came up empty-handed."

"I mean," Messiah runs a hand through his hair. "I think there's definitely something up with her, but if Diego already looked in on her, then we should have nothing to worry about. He knows what he's doing, Aurelia."

I don't know what to say, partly because he's right.

"I guess," I groan. "My dad obviously trusts him, we should too."

I just think it's weird that we came up with something different. I'll let it go, for now.

Messiah and I continue to talk. He tells me more about that Serenity girl. Turns out she knows the role he plays in my dad's mafia, she doesn't care too much. But Messiah wants to keep her away.

I told him it's kind of hard to keep someone away from your lifestyle when you can't stay away from them.

I was speaking from experience.

He understood and decided that it might be best if they talked everything out.

I left him in my room to go find Elliot. I wanted to talk to him about the girlfriend-boyfriend-thing.

I was kind of hesitant to bring it up because I didn't want to be the "what are we?" girl. But I was curious as to what he thought about the label stuff.

I had never had a girlfriend or boyfriend in my entire life. I never wanted one. I thought they were useless, that the label only existed so that the people in the relationship could have a hold over one another.

But if Elliot wanted it, I would try to make an exception. But we would talk about the lengths of a relationship, the ground rules.

I came across Antonio as I was looking for Elliot. He told me he saw Elliot walk in the direction of the gym.

I should've guess already. Elliot was in the gym a lot, either when he was training with Elijah, or he would just be in there on his free time.

When I stopped in front of the double doors, the grunts became louder, just the mere sound was doing something to me.