30

I saw Elliot's eyes lighten up and I smiled.

"Woah," he says breathlessly.

I laugh at his expression. "Have you ever been to a street race?" I asked him as we walked closer to where all the cars were lined up, reading to zoom off.

Elliot shook his head. "Nope," He said, popping the 'p'.

I turn to him, not being able to stop the shock from showing on my face. "Why not?"

"I don't know," He muttered as he shrugged. "I guess I never thought about it."

I nodded slowly. "Well, you're gonna love this." I said and his smile widened.

We moved closer to the front so we would have a better view. Eventually, a brunette wearing tiny leather shorts with a black top a a huge leather jacket stepped in front of the cars, waving her sign.

She counted down from ten, people in the crowd counting with her. She waved her flag once more before she finally moved out the way, letting the cars go.

My eyes followed the purple Lamborghini that's was covered with black lips. I had a feeling that whoever was behind the wheel was going to win. They drove recklessly, but never let the others get ahead of them.

They were here to win.

Before I knew it, they were almost at the finish line when a all black Lamborghini came up next to the purple one. The black one ran into the purple one, but the purple one kept going, completely ignoring the black one.

The crowd behind me and Elliot cheered loudly as the purple Lamborghini passed the finish line, the black one following right after. It was clear that the purple one won.

When both the cars came to a stop, a brown girl with red hair came running out the purple Lamborghini with a huge smile on her face. A man stepped out of the black one with a look that lets you know he was losing a lot of money.

I laughed at his angry face and from the corner of my eye, I saw Elliot glance at me. I kept looking forward.

She took her money from the man and walked away, but not before blowing a kiss at him. I turned around towards the large crowd, people were exchanging money while I looked for the person in charge.

"What are you about to do?" Elliot asked me, narrowing his eyes.

I have him a mischievous smile. "I'm gonna race."

His eyes widen. "B-But, Aurelia, that's dangerous!" he said.

"You seemed to like it," I said with a confused look.

"But that's a different situation—"

I cut him off, "It's okay, Ellie. It's gonna be fun." I started to walk off towards the guy in charge. I glanced behind me to see if Elliot was following, he stayed there looking hesitant, then he walked after me, muttering something to himself.

"What can I do for you, young lady?" The man said. He looked no more than twenty.

"I want a race," I said. He squinted his eyes as he looked from me to Elliot.

He took a deep breath. "What kind of car do you have?"

"Audi r8." I answered and watched as his eyes slightly widened before he sighed again.

"Okay—"

"I want to go against her." Some guy said suddenly. I saw Elliot raise his eyebrows but I just kept my stare on the man.

"If you win, you get my car." The guy said, shrugging. He pointed to his red Lamborghini that was parked next to mine.

"Really?" I said, raising an eyebrow. I didn't want his car, I just wanted to race. But, whatever.