31

Elliot's POV:

As Aurelia walked up the stairs and glanced around quickly, I pressed my fingers to my lips that were tingling.

Aurelia just kissed me. And it felt awesome.

When she kissed me, my breath was taken from my lungs. It was like I was hit with a brick, but it didn't hurt. It felt good.

I've been kissed a couple of times. But none of them felt like this. None of those kisses left my lips tingling. None of them took my breath away. None of them had me feeling like I was on fire. And none of them had me wanting more.

But that kiss with Aurelia was way different, because it was all of the above.

When Aurelia kissed me, you could tell she was more experienced than me. I didn't know anything about kissing—or making out, as Aurelia put it.

Aurelia was quiet as we walked through the familiar hallway, and I wondered if she regretted kissing me. Was I bad? Did she not enjoy it? I didn't know what to think. But negative thoughts were running in and out of my head.

Aurelia stopped walking and turned to me. My face started heating up, remembering what just happened. I knew I was blushing, and the urge to turn away was strong. But I looked back at her.

"I think my family is asleep. You could stay in my room and we'll watch movies, if you want," she scratched the back of her neck. "Or not. But I'll be in my room."

I hesitated. Was she just being nice by inviting me to watch a movie with her? Was she doing that because she didn't want me to know she didn't enjoy our kiss?

The thought of her doing that made me look down. She wouldn't do that, would she? But I couldn't deny the pain I would feel if it were true.

I cleared my throat as I look back up at her. She was staring at me, her gaze was...concerning?

"As nice as that sounds, I think I'll just take a shower and sleep," I lied. She nodded her head like she understood.

"Okay...Well, goodnight, Elliot." She said, giving me a small smile. I muttered 'goodnight' and made my way to my room.

I went inside my room and closed the door after me. Right after, I heard another door close, letting me know that Aurelia was in her room like she said she would be.

The room was just the way I left it: clean and neat. Not a thing was out of place.

I went over to the bathroom. I was surprised when I first found out there was a bathroom in this bedroom. At my house my bathroom is just across my room.

But I should've expected it. I mean, they are a mafia family which means they have money. Lots of money.

I locked the bathroom door after I walked in. Then I rid myself of all my clothes, tossing them to the floor. I caught a glance at myself in the mirror. My skin was slightly flushed and my lips were less swollen.

I turned away and start the shower, and then I step in. I am immediately greeted by the scorching water, I tilt my head back and let it flow down my front, letting out a sigh of relief.