18

It's some days later and I have to go to school today with my brothers and Elijah.

Walking into the kitchen, I spot Nic, Aiden and Elijah already eating breakfast, looking half awake.

I sit down at the island and eat my cereal kind of rushing since I can't wait any longer to see my friends and Elliot.

"Slow down, will you?" Antonio's voice sounds and I look up to see him staring at me while walking over. I roll my eyes and continue eating.

I go straight to my room when I finish and change into a comfortable outfit. The suns out today which tells me it's going to be cool outside and not as cold.

I rush back downstairs with my phone in hand and my backpack resting on my shoulder

"Okay, I'm leaving now," I say as I walk towards the door.

"I'm going with you!" Elijah yells.

"But I wanted to go with her!" Nic whines and Elijah shoots him a glare that's telling him to 'back off'.

Nic mutter curse words under his breath and continues eating, defeated. Elijah smiles in victory and I laugh at them before telling everyone bye and we head out.

On the way to school we stop at dunkin' to get coffee and a box of donuts and then we actually go to school. Pulling in the in the parking lot I park towards the front since someone stole my usual spot.

We stay seated in the car eating our donuts and drinking coffee before getting out.

We walk into our homeroom class a little late. Our teacher—Mr. B—is not at the front of the room. An old lady is sitting in his chair reading a book. On the chalk board it says 'Mrs. Smith'.

She doesn't look up as we enter and we take our seat next to Eden.

"Aurelia!" she squeals and the teacher shushes her. "I missed you," she says in a lower voice. Mrs. Smith is giving librarian vibes.

She stands up and hugs me and I wrap my arms around her, she squeezes me tighter.

"I missed you too." I breathe as she lets go with a smile. Damn, she got a strong grip.

She greets Elijah and we start talking. Surprisingly, she doesn't ask any questions about what happened lr why I was gone, which I appreciate.

She rambles on about how it's been boring and nothing new happened and that Barbie—Ashley—has really been getting on her nerves.

"Okay, so the other day, I was talking to this girl—I forgot her name—and then Barbie just walked past me and bumped my shoulder!" she says. "On purpose. I know it because she didn't even apologize, I mean I didn't exactly expect her too because she's a bitch."

"Right." I nod letting her continue.

"And so I told her that she needs to watch where she's going and she got all up in my damn face," she pauses. "Started goin' on about how she's better than me and that I'm nothing. Just straight up bullshit." she takes a breath.