23

It's later in the day and Dad, my brothers, and Elijah already left.

So it's just me and Elliot in a house alone.

Dad made it clear that I needed to be back with them at the house soon, so that we would all be safe and together.

Elliot has only come out of his room a few times and I get the feeling that he's mad at me. For what reason? I don't know.

So to make up for whatever I did to get him mad, I decided to cook.

I told the cooks that they can have a break because—I'm nice like that—and took over the kitchen.

The problem was: I was missing some ingredients for the meal I wanted to make, so now I need to improvise.

I don't know what Elliot likes to eat because I've never asked and now I'm currently standing in front of the island, staring at the cabinets.

I hear footsteps approaching and I crane my neck, seeing Elliot come down the stairs, then I turn back around.

"What's your favorite dish?" I ask, still facing the cabinets. I feel him come closer, standing right next to me.

"Uh, pizza." he answers confusedly. "Why?"

I shrug. "I just wanted to know." I say as I turn my body fully to face him. I take in his appearance; he's changed clothes.

He's wearing grey sweatpants along with the matching sweatshirt that he has paired with different air Jordan 1's.

"A-Aurelia?" The sound of Elliot's voice snaps me out of whatever I was in. I look up at him to see that he's watching me intently. His cheeks were red which tells me that he saw me basically checking him out.

"Do you know how to cook, Elliot?" I ask, trying to get back on topic.

"Yeah," he responds. "I know how to cook some things." I nod my head.

"Are you hungry?"

He seems hesitant as he answers, "Yes."

"Then we can cook something.What do you want to cook?" He looks up at the ceiling in thought.

"Pizza?" He says, though more as a question, a hopeful smile playing on his face. One that I can't say no to.

"Yeah," I smile back.

Elliot and I get out the ingredients to make the pizza. I learn that Elliot had to learn how to cook because when his mom left them, his step-dad was never home to cook food for him.

Elliot bringing up his dad reminds me that he's still in the torture room, waiting for me to come back. Actually, probably hoping I won't.

Snapping back to the present, Elliot stops the timer and gets the pizza out of the oven. My stomach grumbles at the delicious smell.

"Looks pretty good to me," Elliot says with a smile.

God, that smile...

"Does it taste good though?" I lift an eyebrow.

"Guess we'll have to find out." Elliot takes the pizza cutter, cutting the pizza into even slices. He hands me a plate with a slice a pizza. I hand it back to him.

"You first," I say. He takes the plate gladly and takes a bite of the pizza, moaning in delight.

To hear him moan when—

Please, not now.

He holds the pizza up to my lips, silently asking me to take a bite. I smile and take a bite, nodding in approval.