Alpha one (Part 7)

Mato

"We have Casey and the chick, on our way to the nest." Wyatt's voice cuts over the radio, all the tension seems to leave everyone in the room and Micah runs out of the door. I understand his need to go and wait outside, its his son and his nanny he all but adopted.

Adam grabs my arm as he lets out a breath that he had seemed to be holding in. Micah is Adams son, he had quickly filled the dad role for me too. Since Micah and I had become brothers, not in blood but in choice. When Adam pulls himself together he speaks to Lex and I. "We will talk to Wyatt, Lex watch the girl but don't make her feel suffocated. I'm not sure about her, but I can't deny having someone with her training would be a extremely good asset."

As Adams second and I frowned at him. I didn't like the idea of bringing in someone who was in prison, it was to dangerous. Lex nodded to Adam and a hint of a smile appeared. "Think she'll spar with me?"

His biggest kink was a women who could put him into submission. I think he called himself a brat, and I could see that. I shook my head at him. "Now's not the time Lex."

He gave me a playful frown and Adam does the honors of slapping the back of his head. Lex was the young wild brother, the one that brings fun to the party when we needed it. I couldn't stay mad at him for long. "After we talk to Wyatt I'm going to speak to her, alone." Adam makes a pointed look at Lex. "I'm going to try to get a feel for what she can bring to the table."

I hated this, that he had agreed to this. I was okay with taking in strangers, as long as they agreed to be inspected for infection and agreed to help in the campsite when needed. But to have someone straight out of prison? And with what she was being charged with? No, I couldn't see why Adam had let Wyatt grab her on the way here. Why he would put a 19 year old in the way of danger.

I didn't understand.