(Part 24)

There's a low whistle from Seb when we open the back doors and trunk. Anthony pulls out one of the boxes from the back seat, Adam gives us a appraising look. "First the vet clinic and now all of this? We should be good on most meds for awhile."

"Where did you find all of this stuff?" Seb asks going to the trunk. There's canisters of oxygen, laughing gas and a bunch of new dental tools which I'm sure they can find uses for.

"We first found a pharmacy, then a dentist office." I tell him, helping him lift a canister out of the trunk. "There were a couple of small clinics and doctor practices but I didn't think they would have much. Besides gloves and swabs and shit like that."

Mato takes the canister from us, hauling it by himself into the small nurses station. I roll my eyes at him and turn to Adam. "Anthony and I are going to get some lunch, then well head back out. We found a high school we want to clear, and then there's the hospital."

"Hospital?" Seb and Adam ask in unison.

"It had a bunch of infected in the lot, but I don't know how many inside. We were going to clear the high school first and then have group two come to help us with the hospital."

"You've brought back enough meds for us." Seb says.

"For now." I say back.

"Why not leave it for people who need it?" He asks me and Adam. "Besides we are running out of storage for everything."

Adam slowly shakes his head. "We can keep the stuff safe, have it for the future. As for storage we have moving trucks we can put items in the plastic tubs and into the trucks until we get more buildings up."

"I found a U-Haul with more moving trucks." I add to the conversation.

"Group two should be back with Chuck soon, take them to the U-Haul, they'll go to Ace and load them up with supplies. Then we will send them out to assist you with the hospital." Adam says, deciding for us, leaving no room for Seb to object. I was happy with his plan. He turned to Seb. "What if there are survivors in the hospital?"

Seb opened and closed his mouth then nodded, Mato came out of the open door. "We have a ton of people now, and barley any room."

"Five RV's so far." Adam says to him. "That's ten to fifteen sleeping spots, group three has already brought us one trailer and set it up. We will have room."

Anthony comes out and signs the word for food and points to the dining room while walking past us. Adam laughs. "Go, get lunch and I'll meet with you to talk more."

I nod and follow behind Anthony. I follow him inside and to the line of where the food was put out to serve. Today is a bunch of wrapped sandwiches, fruit and a salad bar. I pack up a plate and I hear Sarah's voice. "Nattie!"

"Careful." I say before I even see her, I can hear her feet run across the floor and shes next to me. Examining me to see if there was a non-dirty area to hug. I put a hand on her head in greeting, I at least washed my hands at the dentist office. "Wanna eat lunch?"

"Seb gave me lunch." She says and bounds around me happily, I move to a table with Anthony. Sarah pulls out a chair and pulls herself up onto it. "I was listening to the radio!"

"Who on the radio?" I ask her popping open a cup of salad dressing.

"Lex has one with you, Seb has one with North." She says before taking a small carrot from my salad. I pour over my dressing and begin eating, she picks at the grapes on my plate and talks about all the other kids she's meet. Sarah had clearly gotten over her non talking faze real fast. She talks about the other kids, about the animals they brought back, asking if we can have a dog. I told her to ask Doc Miller and Casey. I wasn't taking care of a dog, I already became the defacto caretaker to a child. I didn't say that part out loud.