Bravo one (Part 33)

North (Bravo one)

Siting down and eating dinner along side everyone, I shouldn't feel so lonely and withdrawn. Seb and Lex are sitting across from me, out groups once only worked together a few times only for short times. Now we had almost merged together. Tyler and Lex had become friends, Milo and Ajax really liked Blair and Seb just gets along with anyone. I on the other hand I got along with my group sure, just enough to be their leader and gain their trust. There was something missing though, a connection. I would die for these men, would I love to sit around and shoot the shit with them? Sometimes, but not all the time. Like now, I just wanted to eat and go into my cabin to decompress, three of ours were out right now. It would be a great time to take advantage of that.

I feel the familiar squeeze of my abuela's hand on my shoulder as her and my abuelo pass to go get their food. My abuelo had made friends with Juan, my abuelo had been a landscaper for years in Florida. Going from that to gardening wasn't a big leap. My abuela had immediately entered into the kitchen head first. I don't think there was a time in my childhood where she wasn't making something in the kitchen. Even if it was a loaf of bread rising on the counter or a stew on the stove.

"Lex, Seb." Adam says placing a tray of food next to me before sitting in the chair, both brothers stop bickering about whatever they were arguing about to turn their attention to Adam. "Mato and I have agreed that you two should move into Natalie's trailer while things are sorted."

I almost spit my mouthful of water out, I swallow it and ask. "Why are they moving into her trailer?"

"Those three men they brought in can't be around other people yet." Adam says, and I agreed with him. We had gone over that part already, they would probably be going through withdrawal they didn't need to be around children or people they can hurt. "Lex and Seb will move in with Natalie, she has enough room in the trailer and I trust these two not to get into her guns."

Adam looks to the two brothers to see if they would argue with this decision, and of course they don't. They would be idiots to turn down the option of spending more time with Natalie. I'd jump at the option of staying with her, if they had given me the option. Neither brother say anything and Adam gives them a nod. "After dinner go pack your things and move in, Casey will let you in."

Both of them look to each other and start whispering together like old women gossiping. Or teenagers making a stupid plan. Adam turns to me and I raise a brow in question. "I need to speak to you after dinner."

"About?" I question, trying to figuring out how serious this chat will be.

"I just have a few things I want your opinions on." Adam says.

"Don't you have Mato for that?" I question back.

"Yes I do." He gives me a nod. He puts his hand on my shoulder in a fatherly shoulder pat. I want to shrug out of it, but I can't find it in myself to move. "I care about your opinions too. We all have different thoughts and feelings about certain things so yes I want your opinions and I'm asking others about there's. I want everyone that stay's here to feel like they have a say in things."

I had to admire that he actually wanted these people to feel somewhat normal, to feel like they had a say in what happens. And maybe they did, maybe I did. I had to have hope that Adam wouldn't get power hungry and become a dictator. This was the perfect situation for that. I have to have hope that wont happen, because I wouldn't stick around for it. Looking at Adam now, and all the people he's taken in, I have to not be pessimistic about it. I had to try to make this work.