Elementary (Part 16)

One reason I wanted to go this way is because Gloria had lived over here. Soon after sending off the four survivors, and after scouting a few more houses we take a turn and find Gloria's house. We only stay in her house long enough to clear it, grab her meds and pack a bag of clothing for her. We blast through more houses, finding a small family with two dogs who were more then happy speeding their way to Brandy.

The houses slowly get a little bigger, the spaces between them getting more and more clear. I end up finding clothes that would fit both Sarah and Casey. Well some might be a tad to big for Sarah but she'd grow into them.

We find a lumber yard, a small mechanic shop, a few more trailers, and even two houses with a few solar panels. Once it started to get dark, just a few rays of sun left we decided to skip clearing houses. If we didn't see a bunch of zombies or hear screaming we weren't going to stop. We went straight to the boarder of the city. Passing quite a few pastures, I made a note on the map with a star about where they would be.

The first hint of city is a gas station, a Deli in the building next to it, a auction house across the street and a few nice sized houses. Oh, and also the thirty or so zombies. Lex and I got out of the car a little farther down the street from them and started picking them off. This would be the biggest pack of zombies, but with them spread out all we had to do is throw a rock or break a few twigs to get two to three to come to us. Working in a team we clear out the street and parking lot easily. We're just covered in a little more blood and smell like shit.

Its not even the smell of death, they smell like rotting eggs, and dirty teenage boy socks. Its the worst smell I've ever experienced. We don't bothering going inside the buildings, I just mark them on the map and we continue on to the next chunk of zombies.

We don't kill anything that isn't on the road now, just drive past and I can tell Lex is getting ready to go back. I just made him promise that we would see the out skirts of the town and turn back. He was fine with that. We drive past a road that looks like the start of a suburban area, and then one that looks like a little trailer home community.

There's a sizable one story elementary school, a water plant and a gas station. We stop at the gas station and the help of a conveniently placed pickup Lex and I climb onto the roof. Sure there are zombies around, we had left a line of body's as we entered the more populated area.

"Will you be able to see now?" Lex asks, I pull a pair of binoculars from my bag. They were high quality ones, but no night vision.

"There are some street lights, and lights from buildings." I answer back. Looking through them I could see a storage area, with its white walls and bright orange garage doors. "Lets see, storage units, house, house, I think that's a apartment building. Lots of zombies."

"As good as we are I don't think we can take a whole city's worth of infected." Lex jokes next to me.

"Once we are able we should bring more people. The less zombies we have around, the better." I say continuing to look around. "I think that's a high school but the sign is covered by a tree." There are still a lot of trees blocking my view, and not any buildings I could see that were taller then the trees. "More houses, and a few RV's."

A idea came to me and I handed the binoculars to Lex so he could look. "One of the biggest problems is space and privacy for people right?"

"Yeaaah." Lex drawls out then he lets out a laugh. "The RVs."

"I've seen at least four of them, they would be perfect for a couple or for two maybe even three people to share." I looked over the small area we were and thought over all the things we've seen. "We could also move trailer homes, if they are the ones that are moveable. If not we can strip them to make more."