The first round (Part 15)

Natalie

A carbon copy of Lex walks into the house... okay maybe not a exact carbon copy, this one has curly strawberry blond hair and his eyes are a deeper muddy green. Lex's eyes reminded me more of healthy bright grass. I could see he was wearing that uniform the other's were, so one of the team.

"I'm Sebastian, or just Seb." He nods down to Sarah who was eating scrambled eggs covered in ketchup. She's starting to look shy now. She had spoken a little more when we were alone, and talked a little to Casey. "I heard you have some scrapes."

He puts a decently sized medkit on the table. But he doesn't touch it, he just looks at Sarah. "Would it be okay if I checked them?"

Its kind of cute how hesitant she is with him but slowly nods and holds up her arms so he can see. He takes the chair between Casey and I, and scoots so close his knee touches mine. "I'm guessing your the medic of the group."

"I am." I throws me a smile that reminds me of Lex, just softer, less heat. He looks back to Sarah, grabbing her wrist lightly to move her arm around. "It doesn't look that bad.."

"Sarah." I fill in the blank of her name and he nods.

"It doesn't look bad Sarah, we have a nurse at the camp that can help you bathe or shower to clean these out more. Other then that it should heal fast, it just might not feel very nice in the mean time."

"Its okay." She said reaching for a apple slice I had cut up for myself. "I scrape my knees all the time, mommy says I'm a wild child."

Casey and I both snort in surprised laughter. Seb smiles a kind smile at her. "We all have our moments of being wild Sarah."

Sarah picks at the apple and half turns to me. "If a nurse is helping me, where will you be Nattie?"

I think those two moments she's said more then she has so far. I pat the back of her head and give her the truth. "I'll be back later tonight, Lex and I are going to go explore more." At her dropping face into a sad one that threatened to tear up and I shook my head at her. "There might be more people out there that need help, I'm going to go help them."

She still seemed sad, Casey said. "Nattie is a really good fighter, she'll meet us back at camp later today."

"Okay." Her voice is small and I feel a pang in my chest. I try to shove it away, I really do. Being free from prison and in this group of people was quickly changing me into someone I didn't know. Was it a good or bad thing though? It sure as hell felt bad.

Sarah went back to eating, including half of my apple. I ate some of her grapes in return. Casey started talking, telling me that they were removing the arcade things and putting in temporary beds. There wasn't enough room for everyone, they were even thinking of pulling apart one of the classrooms and making that a barracks also. Seb didn't stay with us long, he decided to go around the house, to look for anything useful they could take back now.

As soon as Sarah is done her Casey and I leave to go outside. I go to help everyone move things, Sarah ends up clinging to Casey's hand. I could see it would take time, but I'm glad she liked Casey, Casey seemed like a girl with a decent head on her shoulders.

I didn't get very far to the barn when Lex and Juan came out, Juan had quickly shooed us away saying we were doing a good job scouting and securing areas. But that there probably wont be any more free people to come gather supply's. If that changed we would be told. Lex takes the drivers seat and I hop in getting out my map.

I put x's next to the houses we had people gather from. I drew in the next ten houses as we visited them, if we found things of worth I put a small star under it. Though most of those ten houses were really small, cleared in just a few minutes. We were still no where near the city. This road seemed to go on forever.