(Part 41)

"When did you two meet?" Cassidy asks me. She hadn't even been in here for a full sixty seconds. Her husband had helped the two boys with their food and went off to the living room with them. So yes that means there was a free chair to sit in, when I even shifted to sit in it Mato firmly grabbed my hip and pulled me as close to him as he could.

Mato decides to answer his sister. "Natalie was brought in to help the community just as everything was happening."

"And your not military?" Cassidy asks curiously. "Your to pretty to be a cop, so FBI or something?"

I couldn't help the smug ass smile on my face, Mato grunts at me to warn me down. I turn to him and raise a brow, if he didn't want his family to know I'd let him tell me. We hadn't gone over if we'd tell people about my past or not. Mato seems to consider me then looks to his family, after a awkward few seconds of his family starting to shuffle. Mato looks to me and give me a nod. "Natalie did things I didn't and still don't agree with, but I've seen her and realized that she is more then what she decided to do for work."

"So a stripper?" Cassidy asks, her mother spit out some of the water she was drinking and I laughed.

"No, I wasn't a stripper. I have taken a lot of dance classes, not pole dancing ones though." I smile at the subtle shift Mato gives. I really try to think of a way to explain what I did for work, but really I should just say it. Its what I did and normal I wouldn't care what people thought. "I was a private contractor, of the not legal kind."

"She was in the news not long ago for being arrested for being suspected of being The Spider. A world class assassin." Mato says, even his grandfather stops eating to stare at us.

I slowly turn to frown at Mato. "Real smooth way to put it."

He gives me a shrug, I turn back to the table and sigh. "I didn't just off people, I did quite a lot of guard jobs and transporting jobs. I was really picky about what I did, but the feds only saw the worst of it."

"I don't know if this is a joke or not." Mato's mother says and looks between us. Mato reaches over me to grab one of the forks, and stabs a pile of food onto it.

"He's not lieing, I know when he's lieing." Cassidy says and leans back with her hands going to either side of her face. Her eyes are wide and almost looks like that painting. I think shes just trying to process and she leans forward forearms on her knees. "Jesus your not lieing."

I mean there reaction was a little over board, or was it? Is this how a normal family would react? I wouldn't know, I didn't ever have a normal family, even with my aunt and cousin they weren't normal.. well my aunt was but she had dealt with my cousin and he's not.

"So you killed people for money? Like a hit man?" His father asks, he actually seems the calmest out of everyone here.

"That was one of the things I did, yes." Might as well be honest.

"And your just... telling us this?" Is his next question.

"I mean, look at the world we are in now. I don't see a reason to lie about stuff, plus some people in the community already know who I am and some of the things I've done." When I think about it, most of the people that matter are ones that know what I've done, or at least why I was in prison. That I had come straight out of prison, and I was welcomed into the community. It was a little rough with some of the guys, mainly Mato for a day or two but minds can change.

"You never hurt a child have ya?" Mato's Grandfather Edward asks me.

I shake my head. "That's always been a line I wouldn't cross, I might have hurt a kid unintentionally but I would never hurt one directly."