Better then a jail cell (Part 10)

Natalie

Hugging was awkward as shit. When Wyatt's mom Abigail all but steam rolled me into a hug I had to stop myself from hurting the women. She hadn't done anything wrong, just surprised me. People I walked past after that were whispering about me, one even came up to introduce himself. Juan Hernandez is a older man, one of the only Hispanic men you'd get this deep in the south. He just thanked me for helping Abigail's children, his children and Abigail's apparently are best friends.

Adam lead me to one of the smaller trailers, Wyatt and Lex trailing behind with my things. I had my back pack and small suitcase, the other two split everything, including my guns in the silver cases. Even though I told them I didn't mind sharing. Adam shook his head and said they were mine, I had already gave them weapons they would use for wall protection. If I decided to give the good guns to someone, it would be a gift not a donation.

The small trailer has a kitchen and living room in one, a small couch between the two sort of splitting the areas. To the left is my room, the master about a little over a third of the trailer and I saw why. The master bathroom is huge, with a jacuzzi tub that could fit two maybe three people, a standing shower and a small closet. The bed was just big enough for two people, I placed everything on the bed. The boys sit my guns around the room and I was handed the keys.

One reason I got the two bedroom trailer is that I had a lot of guns most wouldn't want toddlers around. The other was because I had proven to be willing to help and put myself in danger for others. That was deserving of my own space.

After I gave a list of what I would need to go out, both Adam and Lex left to see what they could do. Wyatt stayed in the trailer, I didn't know he did until I walked out into the living room. "Your really okay with going out again?"

"It was my idea." I told him and he frowned at me.

"Do you really think its a good idea? We just got here, you haven't had time to relax or eat." He actually seemed concerned about me and it made me smile at him.

"Put a little trust in me to know my limits, I will stop or relax when I need to."

"Promise?" He asks plopping down onto the brown couch and leans back his head to look at me. "Promise you wont run yourself into the ground."

"I promise." I said taking a seat on the couch next to him. "I was facing a life sentence in prison Wyatt, now I'm out and I don't plan on ruining it."

"And you wont run?" He's somewhat hesitant to ask it, like he wasn't sure if he wanted the answer. And I'll be honest, I wasn't completely sure of the answer.

"I know that right now, I'm going to stay. I don't know what I'll do in the future or if I'll fit in long term." I admitted to him. I turned to him putting my head on the back of the couch. He was watching me closely, like I'd get up and run now. "I'd like to see what your uncle does with the group, I'd like to help when I can. But in a month or two? What then? I don't know."

He watched me for awhile, I could see him thinking, the emotions on his face. I didn't know if he liked me or liked me. I don't think it mattered either way, he seemed to think I was apart of the group and was thinking of me possibly leaving. I could see hurt on his face, then hope. He grabbed my hand in his and rubbed his thumb on my palm. It made me stiff. "You still need to repack your gun, then I'll take you to get some food."

I had to take my hand away from him as I left to the bedroom. They had picked out a few boxes of ammo my guns used so I could have extra. They didn't know I had some in my suitcase. I repacked my gun I had fired, and pulled out a few extra mags, stuffing them in one of my cargo pants pockets. I couldn't think about Wyatt and his feelings, even though he was cute and I had just gotten out of jail. If I slept with him it would mean more then a quick fuck to him, and I couldn't do that.

Emotional attachment doesn't work for me.

Taking off my holster I grab a thin black sweater and put it on, then replace my holster. Grabbing my purse I make my way to the bathroom, wash the blood from my face and neck and refresh my makeup. My hair is put into a high bun on my head and I leave tossing the purse back onto my bed. Wyatt escorts me out, I lock the trailer behind us and he leads me to the dining hall.

After a quick sandwich and some fruit, Lex finds us outside on the picnic bench. There's a backpack on his back, it looks half empty and one in his arm that also looks half empty.

"Your going?" Wyatt asks, and it sounds kind of whiny. It was clear he wanted to go but wasn't in that conversation.

Lex gives him a smirk. "You rode in with her, I get to go out on the run with her. Mato wanted me or Micah to go, but he just got Theo back."

"I'm going to go talk to Mato." Wyatt huffs as he gets up. "I'm going to be put on the recon teams."

"Good luck Boy Wonder." Lex laughs. I stand and take my bag from him. When Boy Wonder storms off to find Mato Lex raises his brows. "We taking the beat up or we taking one of ours?"

I shake my head and start walking to the parking lot, he follows behind. "The truck I drove in is shit, has a full tank though. I told Adam that and told him to do what ever with it. We aren't taking any of your cars, cause there aren't many."

I make a point by pointing around at the sparse parking lot. There is Wyatt's hummer, the small sedan, a mom van and a Jeep. I'm sure there are other vehicles, but I didn't want to take one of the only ones. It made Lex frown at me, then his eyes widened as he realized what I wanted to do. "Shit you want to go on foot?"

"I do." I back up my point by walking past all of the cars and the parking lot. "We can scout better on foot, I have a map and compass. When we find stuff and need to get back well steal a car."

"It would be nice to get some big cars, maybe a trailer attachment." Lex said walking next to me. I throw my backpack on and Lex smirks at me. "I also managed to find everything you wanted, I almost came to blows with a teenager for one item but I managed."

I let out a laugh throwing my head back a bit and shook my head. Walking with my face up to the sun. "If everything goes well we'll have more things to keep the teenage population happy."

"Are they every happy?" He questions and I had to shrug.

"When adults aren't looking."

He laughed at that. "True."

We make our way down the road, we are let out of the gate and I inform Alpha one that we had left the nest. Mato's deep voice confirms the transmission and we walk together falling into silence. Out here, even so close to Brandy, it was a different world.