Alpha three - The Doctor (Part 14)

Sebastian

The SUV is packed and I'm glad to get out of it. Lex meets us outside with a grin. I had heard from Adam that my brother and Wyatt had all but fought over Natalie. I wanted to see her for myself but first things first. We came here to pick up the animals and the feed.

"I saw some chicken crates in the barn." Lex says to us and ushers us towards the barn. Casey splits off to the house, Juan, his wife and Bravo one or just North. Juan's wife wanted to come out because she was one of the stable hands, Juan had come because she was here. Lex turns and looks at me. "Actually the chicky might need you, her arms have some scrapes on them."

I give him a nod to let him know I heard him. Lex is the more out going brother, I tried to only talk when I had to. Going back to the SUV I grab my doctor bag from the back seat and head to the small barn house. Its rather quaint, charming and with all the woods around it it was a dream out here. To bad there are zombies roaming around.

Before I open the door to the house I have to shake myself out of the crushing depression that threatens to take over. I'm the only doctor I know about in our group, sure Micah's mom and aunt were nurses, but a doctor is different. Nurses are very helpful and know how to do most simple things, but I'm the only one who can do the more challenging procedures. And that worried me.

Taking one last deep breath I push into the house. It opens to a laundry room, I spot bags of pet food, something we would probably take. I know if we found and dogs or cats they would be brought to the group. Pets always heightened moral. The door between the laundry room and small kitchen is open, Casey is sitting at the end of the small table. As I get closer I see her at the end.

I knew Lex had looked her up before communications went out, he said she was one of the most beautiful women he'd seen. He had tried to tell us, and warn us but none of us listened. We should have.

It took every ounce of control I had not to stare at her in the doorway like a fool. Her brown eyes framed in thick lashes skip over me, I had no doubt she saw everything on me. She's a very dangerous women after all.

Jailed for being linked to over 20 assassinations, Adam had told us that it was more then likely more. I couldn't almost believe it, sitting in a chair with what looks like a five year old in her lap. Bright red lipstick highlights her large almost oval mouth, her died blond hair is falling out of her bun in some spots, and the deep brown of her roots frame her face.

Shit. I needed to talk to Lex and Mato about her. Otherwise this might not end up well.