(Part 23)

Anthony and I continue on, Micah told me his dad wanted us scouting. They would take Chuck to his farm, and then loot what they can from Ace. If we had any problems they would be right behind us.

Down the road from the vet hospital we pass a post office, a few small resturant's, a tire shop, a few more houses and a worn down medical clinic. We didn't stop there, as we drove past a few infected broke out of the front window. It's a tiny building and I didn't want to stop quite yet. So I just marked it down. We past a few more houses, a eye clinic, a insurance office and a pizza place. I notice the white and blue sign of a gas station and on the left up on a hill, a much bigger medical center.

"Holy shit." I say looking up, there's a couple of yards of grass between the parking lot and the road. A waist high wall between the medical center and the parking lot. There's a ambo crashed into another car on the left, and a bunch of cars parked haphazardly. A good twenty or so zombies are in the parking lot, now coming towards us as we slow roll the hospital. I can't see over that wall to the doors or bottom floor windows.

Anthony signs. 'Fire?'

I think he was asking about my plan that would cause a big fire and I look over to the hospital. "I don't know, we need to see how many dead are in there. Then we would need back up to clear it." I try to think while we slowly pass it and look to my map. "Lets go down this road, scout a little more. When group two is done maybe well hit it before nightfall."

Anthony gives me a nod and speeds up a little. It hurts me to drive away from a large medical center, but that would be the first spot zombies would have started multiplying. There could be hundreds of them in there. For the next dozen buildings there's nothing really notable besides a motel that might have a bunch of sheets and towels we could use. That is until we pass a tuxedo rental that there's a very tiny pharmacy.

There's only one car in the six car lot, and not many zombies around here, I'd guess most were at the medical center down the road. Anthony gives me a questioning look and I nod. "As much as I'd like to keep going, a pharmacy is worth it. Once other people get the guts to go looting, its going to be the first place hit."

Anthony hums in agreement. He parks the car facing the street, the trunk to the building. We both get out and go around the building together, his gun drawn and I have my throwing knives out. Nothing close enough to worry about at the moment. So we go in, having to lock pick our way in. I open the doors and we enter, a counter up front with a small sitting area, and a open entry into the back where I can see shelves of things.

"Most common antibiotics end with cin, cillin or cline." I say and spell them out, he throws me a questioning look. "I can't show up to a normal doctor with a gun shot wound or stab wound. I only saw one when it got bad."

Instead of waiting for his reaction I move to the back, I hear the front door open again. We had brought a tub box with us and put it in the back seat. I find a cardboard box and begin stuffing in first aid kit stuff. Which isn't much, then I move down the line, tossing bottles into it, looking out mostly for antibiotics and pain killers. Which most of the good pain killers are probably locked away somewhere. Anthony comes in and within a minute we have all the cabinets emptied out of most of the meds, and I manage to find the good stuff. Its not much, I'd guess they might order only when needed. We pack it into the car and keep heading down.

Radio shack, a war museum, a flower shop, gas station, and some old brick buildings with no name to them. We go down a little farther until he stops the car completely, I look up and see why.

"I think we found the town." I say, he grunts. Zombies everywhere, just a bit farther down. I see the sign for a Little Ceasers, Sonic, a few auto part shops and the blue of a Wal-Mart sign at the very back.

'Fire?' He signs and I laugh.

"I don't know if my plan will work that well." He smiles over to me and taps the radio. I pick it up and say into it. "Dispatch?"

"Pretty lady." Lex answers immediately.

"Don't send anyone past 27 and Chester."

"Why?" He questions. "Are you two alright?"

"Yes we are fine, we can see down the road and it looks like the whole town had gone this way." I can see a few things of smoke from here, not big but it looked like a few of the cars or buildings had a fire. There's box trucks, cars, walking infected all over the place.

"You would think with all the guns people in the south have they would have lasted longer." I tell Anthony.

'People don't want to kill friends.' He signs back to me before putting the car in reverse. He turns us around.

"Take a left on Chester." I tell him looking back to my map, I put what looks like crossed bones on the highway around where all the mess was.

"Adam says to keep scouting the town." Lex says. "Well keep tabs on it, if there's a way to clear it we will. It just wont be until we can bring everyone together, and we are to busy with everything else."

"Understood sweetie." I answer him, his only response was to laugh into the radio long enough for me to know he laughed.

We turn down Chester, then we turn down Cooper, the roads are tiny here. To our right there's a funeral home, to our left some decent middle class family houses that looked out of place here. We pass more houses on either side, even a very large jungle gym, all the way down to what I think is the high school. With a large football field on the left and track course, with large bleachers. The high school is huge, on our right, Anthony drives a little faster as we gain some attention.

"Continue straight if you can." I tell him looking over to the almost empty parking lot. Well empty from cars, there's plenty of dead people wandering around, the closest ones trying to get to the car that was going just fast enough for them to not catch us. Houses are still to the left, business to the right. At the very end, on the corner there's a large church, with two church buses. I mark that down, and tell Anthony to take a right, followed by another right. This road looks like all business's the first few being unnamed brick buildings. Then a library, a clothing store, a thrift shop, a sign maker, furniture, carpet. And another church that looks like its a extra building off of the main one. When we hit a four way, where it looks like its just houses down the road I have Anthony turn left, and then another left.

We continue down two more roads, the only notable things being a U-Haul with a bunch of moving trucks, a very large furniture store, a radio and phone store, and a dental office which might have more meds. When we take a left, we end up on the road with the vet center.

"Okay, we have a few options here." I tell Anthony looking over to him. "We can go to the dentist office and grab everything up, we can go ransack a gas station for snack foods, we can start clearing one of the bigger areas. Or even, we can hit a smaller building and then take what we have to camp and get lunch before coming back out."

Anthony mimics brushing his teeth and then signs. 'Camp and lunch, save the pills.'

He pats the boxes behind us and I nod, somewhat understanding. "You want to hit the dentist office, then go to camp to drop it all off, eat and come back out?"

He makes a humming noise then signs for school. "Okay, we can work on the school, it'll give group two time before we hit the medical center."

He hums in agreement again and turns the car around.