Chapter 1: A Force to be Reckoned With

The sun rose and a new day was ready to start. Ottarl was waiting for Zald to arrive for today's training. When he saw him, he was surprised to see a little white haired boy with him.

Ottarl: Zald, who is the boy?

Zald: My nephew, he will be joining us in training.

Bell: I'm Bell, nice to meet you mister.

The boy smiled at him while the boaz just gave the boy a nod. Zald began to review their training schedule for the day. He and Ottarl would spar while Bell would do the basic exercises that they went over the night before. Bell struggled at first as he hadn't done things this difficult before. He slowly got the hang of it overtime and Ottarl was surprised at the child's resilience. The boy was doing exercises in amounts that would normally be unhealthy for most 4 year olds but Bell got comfortable after around two weeks. Zald had him slowly increase the difficulty overtime.

Bell would finish this early as he also trained with his mother in magic. She also taught Bell some basic hand to hand combat skills she picked up from others in her familia. Bell soaked it all up like a sponge. He picked up hand to hand rather quickly but the magic was another story as he didn't have any to use.

Alfia: Alright Bell, you will meditate so you can learn to focus and control your mind to cast magic.

Bell: But how will I know what to look for?

Alfia: You have to find it for yourself if you want to learn it properly. That's how the best magic users are made.

Bell: I'll do my best then.

Bell concentrated for a while but still came up with nothing. It had been around an hour before she decided to call it a day.

Alfia: It's okay, Bell. I'm not expecting you to master these skill on your first try. Take it one step at a time.

Bell: Okay...

Bell was still a little disappointed with himself. He wanted to make her proud but the boy had to be patient with that. They arrived to back and saw Zald in the kitchen.

Alfia: Why are you home early?

Zald: I called it off early because I wanted to go extra hard with him. This would be a good test for him to fight all out against someone much stronger than him. He's too used to a small gap and has yet to find someone who can properly challenge him.

Bell: Maybe I can do that.

The boy smiled as the man laughed lightly.

Zald: At your pace, I guarentee that you will in the future.

Alfia: He right, you're doing very well in your training so far.

Zeus: Perhaps it's time I give the boy my falna then.

Bell: Really?! You'll let me join the familia, grandpa?!

Zeus: Sure, I'll give it to you before bed.

While they talked, Zald took it upon himself to bring Bell with him to the kitchen.

Zald: Listen Bell, I'm not going to be home as soon as you and seeing how neither your mother nor your grandfather can cook properly, I will teach you to make simple dishes for everyone.

Bell: But why?

Zald: Becauee it's important that you are able to make food for yourself and for others. A man needs to eat, Bell.

Bell: Okay, uncle.

Zald showed Bell something easy first. A simple potato stew, which was still Bell's favorite. He showed Bell how to make it then let the boy do it himself. Naturally, he did it all exactly the same as Zald. He was impressed with the boy's learning speed.