Chapter 10: The Curtains Close

With Alfia, Zald and Ottarl, they had their hands full with the strongest of the demi spirits. The fomoire had steadily worn down the three of them as the demi spirit was somehow able to cast magic as well. The two were a force that were able to force back the strongest in the city. Alfia had to cancel out the spirit's magic spells while Zald and Ottarl fought the monster it was riding. Put simply, this was going to be a lot harder than they first thought.

Zald: We're not making much headway here.

Ottarl: That hide is tough, I'm not cutting through.

Alfia: Argh, be quiet! You're insufferable. Gospel!

She tried to attack the spirit with magic, but the monster would just get in the way. Not only that, but it was hardly affected by them.

Ottarl: Magic resistance?!

Zald: How annoying. Ottarl, I'll handle the monster, go for the woman on top.

Ottarl: Right.

Zald swung his great sword at the monster which blocked it. The two were now stuck in a power struggle while Ottarl made his way to the demi spirit. The fomoire couldn't afford to let up against Zald to capture Ottarl either or it would be overwhelmed and Zald would break through. Ottarl had a clean opening and went to strike her with his sword.

Demi spirit: Gospel!

Ottarl: ?!

*Boom*

He and Zald were blown back by her spell, Alfia had a look of shock on her face.

Alfia: It can't be, it copied my spell?!

Demi spirit: Hahahahahaha!

Zald: Gh, just great. It can copy spells now?!

With that in mind, Zald and Alfia couldn't afford to use their strongest spells or they risk them being used by the monster. They needed a new plan, and fast. However, their thought were interrupted by the demi spirit.

Demi spirit: <Give in to thy bloodlust and rage. Be consumed and become an incarnation of anger.> Berserk Soul!

Fomoire: GRRR! *RAAAAAAAAGH*

The monster gained a dark red aura around its body, the three adventurers were able to feel its power grow.

Ottarl: Now what?

Zald went to face it again, only to be more easily overwhelmed.

Zald: ?! (It's stronger!)

The fomoire knocked him away and charged for Alfia and Ottarl.

Alfia: Gospel!

Demi spirit: Gospel!

Alfia tried to force the monster back, but the demi spirit used that same spell to counter. Alfia's spell clashing with the demi spirit was strong enough to push them back, but they were burning through their resources and it looked like the monster wasn't tired at all.

Alfia: (We won't last at this rate!)

Zald pulled himself out of the building he was knocked into and regrouped with them.

Zald: Any ideas?

Alfia: Sorry, I don't. If we could just take one out of the picture, we can all easily dismantle the other.

Ottarl: The easiest would be to get rid of the woman on top. Do you have any spells that can cancel her magic?

Alfia: No I-