Chapter 8: Limits

Back with Alise, she and the others had begun to run into trouble with the demi spirits. The two monsters quickly proved that they were more than a match for the four of them. Lyra proposed that they split into pairs of two and dealt with one each. She and Iska dealt with one while Alise and Neze handled the other. Try as they might, the silverbacks were overpowering them.

Alise: I can't afford to hold back here! Time to go all out!

She enhanced herself with her magic. Her body was enhanced with fire and she now could match a level 5. With this boost, she and Neze were able to push their demi spirit back. The monster was covered in cuts and blood before Alise thrusted her sword into its chest, killing it.

Neze: Quick, let's help Lyra and Iska!

Alise: I know!

The last silverback, seeing that its comrade had been slain, went into a fury. The four girl's felt its power rise from pure anger and watched it charge them, back handing Neze and Lyra away into the nearby buildings. Alise quickly went to work and fought it with Iska. They traded blows with their swords and fists until they were on their last legs. They couldn't handle much more but

Lyra: HYAAA!!!

*BOOM*

There was an explosion and the monster roared in pain before disintegrating. The two turned and saw Lyra with a magic sword.

Alise: You had a magic sword?

Lyra: It's not a Crozzo magic sword, but it'll do the job about two more times.

They used their healing and stamina potions to recover. They went to look for people to help before they heard an explosion and a scream.

*BOOM*

???: NOOOOOO!!!

They rushed quickly to the voice only to see Ardi crying over her sister's lifeless body.

Going back some time...

Shakti: Master Ganesha!

Ganesha: Shakti, I need you to get everyone moving outside. There are people out there who need our help, so we need to do our part.

Shakti: You heard him, let's move out!

Everyone: Yes, Ma'am!

And so, the Ganesha familia, with their large numbers, went out and rescued as many as they could. Anyone who was level 3 or higher went out to combat the evilus members who were attacking the city. Things were going well until more of these strange monsters began to pop out of nowhere. They were quickly overwhelmed by their power and killed as a result. Back at Babel tower was Finn who was organizing his familia from there. He had several of his members at different parts of the city to deal with major threats while he stayed to give orders and defend the tower.

Finn: Raul, what's the status on Gareth and Riveria?

Raul: Sir, they're currently dealing with an irregular wyvern among others.

Finn: And what of Ais?

Raul: I'm not sure...

Finn: (Damn, I can't just leave her to go find her, everything will go to chaos. On the other hand, she'll likely get herself killed if I don't. Gah, what do I do?)

Shakti: Braver!

The prum was brought out of his thoughts by the blue haired woman.

Finn: Shakti?

Shakti: There are irregulars everywhere! We can't deal with them on our own!

Finn: I've already spread our forces thin. Damn.