Chapter 23: A New Smith

After a brief intermission, Bell and Ais went to watch the two face the Floor Boss. However, because Ais wanted to stay longer, they were only able to see the two land the finishing blow on it. The three congratulated them for their victory and heading up.

A few days later, Tiona and Tione finished their bout with the floor boss. Loki was happy to see the two rise up to Level 5. Everyone else congratulated the two and they had a big celebration together. After that, Bell and Tiona were looking over their weapons and armor and saw how rough they looked. Mostly Tiona's, though.

Bell: Maybe we should get yours fixed?

Tiona: What about you?

Bell: I think I can wait a little longer. Yours is looking rough.

Tiona: Yeah, but I don't have a blacksmith.

Bell: Then let's find one.

The boy would tell the others he and Tiona were going to Babel. Alfia and the others allowed it for they said they were just visiting Hephaestus' shops there. When they arrived there, they asked around about blacksmiths open but most of the ones they were able to work with were to back logged to help them. They wandered some more until they ran into a familiar half-dwarf woman.

Bell: Miss Tsubaki!

Tsubaki: Well, if it isn't little Bell and Tiona. How're you two doin' today?

Tiona: Fine, but we're looking for a blacksmith to help fix up my weapon.

She showed it to the woman who held it in her hand.

Tsubaki: Mmm, yeah, this could take some work. 

Tiona: Can you help?

Tsubaki: Sorry, but I'm busy with commissions. 

Tiona: Aw...

Tsubaki: Although, this shouldn't take me more than a few minutes. Tell ya what, I'll do this if you do me a favor.

Bell Favor?

Tsubaki: Yeah, I need you to help get a newbie blacksmith up and running. He just joined and he's a total stick in the mud.

Tiona: You can't just pull him out?

Bell: I don't think she meant literally.

Tiona: Oh.

Tsubaki: Anyway, I just need some people to get him up and moving since he ain't budging. Think you can do that?

Bell: Like have him work with us?

Tsubaki: More or less. He may be a total novice, but he's got a fire hotter than most I've ever seen in my life. Plus, Lady Hephaestus has gotten a little interest in him.

Bell: Sounds fun! Where is he?

Tsubaki: I'll show you. Follow me.

She led them to a more remote forging area and to a wooden door. 

Tsubaki: He should be in there. Now, he's a little thick headed when it comes to his stuff so try to be nice and complement him first. Make a good impression.

Bell: Okay.

*Knock knock* *Ka-chink*

A red-haired boy opened the door. His face was covered in soot and other things from the work he was doing. This was Welf Crozzo, fully operational in Orario.

Welf: Hello?

Tiona: *Smiling* I love you.

...

*Slam*