Chapter 6: Ready or Not

Timeskip 7 months

Bell had grown in that time. He had risen to level 3 a few months prior after defeating the goliath on floor 17 with some help. Along with that, he gained the development ability abnormal resistance. Alfia and Zald had asked him to choose that over the others as that would help him in the long run when going deeper in the dungeon. Speaking of deeper, he and Ais had gotten even better as a team in the dungeon. Alise could hardly believe her eyes when she saw how they cut through monsters in the middle floors. She and Kaguya both leveled up to level 4 around 3 months ago, but both were nervous about being left behind by these kids. Ryuu and Ardi also worked harder. Their senses of justice and desire to help people along with Bell's achievements made them push themselves to their limits. Both of them became level 3 several months ago and are making quick work to ascend to level 4. Ais was happy for Bell's level up, but promised to work even harder to not be left behind. She also turned 11 recently and was able to fully enjoy her birthday with Bell helping her out of her shell. Riveria was glad to see Ais acting like a normal girl for a change instead of constantly training. As many good things as there were, there was also bad thing happening in the city. Evilus attacks were still frequent, but the arrival of Bell's family helped to lower that. This brings us to where everyone is today. Right now, Bell and Ais are with Ryuu and Ardi on floor 22 of the dungeon. The two volunteered to watch the kids, but used it as an opportunity to train with them. With their skills and teamwork, the four easily cut through the monsters that challenged them. After clearing their current room, Ardi decided that it was a good time to rest.

Ardi: This should be a good spot to rest.

They all sat down and regained some energy.

Ardi: Good work everyone, we really cleaned house this time.

Ryuu: Yes, it doesn't usually take this long to clear these floors. Only three short hours and here we are.

Bell and Ais smiled brightly at the work they did. They let the kids do most of the heavy lifting until floor 19. They all split the work load evenly by then.

Bell: We're just that good, right?

He turned to Ais before she grinned back at him.

Ais: Yup, all of us are going to get even stronger!

Ryuu: Honestly, you two never run out of energy.

Ardi: Haha, we better keep at it too. Wouldn't want these guys to leave us in the dust.

The elf nodded at her friend before everyone got up and got back to it. A few hours later, they went back up and cashed in their stones. They totalled at about 400,000 valid with the extra drops Bell helped generate with his ability. They split their earning and left. Riveria was waiting for Ais and Ardi left for her home leaving Bell and Ryuu to head back. They arrived at Stardust Garden where Neze was there to welcome them. Sometimes it would be Alise if Bell was unlucky and sometimes it would be Astraea herself.

Neze: Welcome back.

Ryuu: Hello, Neze. Is everyone back?

Neze: Alise and the others should be about another hour or so, but Alfia and Zald are here.

The elf shuddered a bit at this as did the werewolf girl. In these months, Alfia heard of the determination of the Astraea familia. As such, she brought it on herself to train them so they would make good on their promise to be heroes and allies of justice. Alise said these words herself and would soon regret saying them to Alfia as she gained a demonic grin before incorporating her training for the girls. Training which involved her knocking them on their backs over and over while they had to fight back. They would never be able to, but they tried their best. As ridiculous as it may seem, her training actually  yielded great results for the girls and Bell himself said that this was how he trained before he came to Orario. Alfia was able to help with both magic and close quarters combat while Zald stayed away from magic so he could focus on helping with sword play. This training along with their dives in the dungeon and the girls' constant fighting with Evilus was how they were able to grow so quickly. Despite their frequent attacks, the Astraea familia were able to easily push them back.

Bell: We're back!

The two walked into the living room and saw Alfia and Astraea drinking tea. The two turned and welcome Bell and Ryuu.

Astraea: Welcome back.

Zeus and Hera came in shortly after. In the past months, Zeus wanted so badly to brag about his grandson, but Alfia and Hera decided against that, much to Hera's annoyance. Bell was her grandson too and she wanted to show everyone that.

Zeus: Good to see you in one piece. How far did you go this time?

Ryuu: We went to floor 23 before coming back.

Bell: Yeah, I might be able to get to level 4 soon.

Hera: Everyone is growing so fast. You all might be the new strongest in Orario given a few years.

Ryuu: Thank you for the kind words.

Astraea: I know my children will do their best.

Bell: And me too!

Everyone laughed as they prepared to end their day. Alise and the others returned and everyone got ready for dinner. Zald's cooking completely shook the worlds of everyone there who never had it before. It was some of the best food they had ever had and many like Alise found it hard to keep their manners. Of course, that's what Alfia was for. Bell had also started taking cooking lessons from his uncle, but he still had much to learn, coming from Zald anyway. They finished eating and went to their rooms to sleep.

The next morning started like normal, they woke up, ate breakfast and got ready for morning patrol. Although this time, they were met with an early morning attack. Alise and the others were quick to stop them.

Alise: Celty, Maryu, keep the people away from the fight!

The two did that and guided everyone away. Alise and the rest of them quickly dealt with the rest of the attackers.

Alise: I'm not sure why they even bother now, these guys can't be any stronger than level 2.

Kaguya: It doesn't make any sense. What could they hope to achieve with these random attacks?

Lyra: Who know? We better make sure we're all ready for when they make a big move.

They all nodded before Neze returned.

Neze: Captain, all the civilians are safe and sound.

Alise: That's good, great job everyone!

Somewhere in the Dungeon

Evilus Grunt: My Lord, preparations are almost complete.

Thanatos: That's good, I presume our latest demi spirit projects turned out well?

Evilus Grunt: Yes, they are able to fight equally with a first class adventurer. We had Olivas test each of them and they are combat ready.

Thanatos: Then we will proceed as planned. Even if Silence and Gluttony have returned, Orario will still feel the wrath of Evilus.

The god gave a wicked grin as he watched his creation consume more magic stones.

Thanatos: (They have no hope for what I have in store.)

He eyed a particular demi spirit that hosted a fomoire. Not only that, he had prepared something else for those adventurers. In another room was children dressed in black robes specially designed to self destruct when activated.

Thanatos: I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they realize that there is no saving these children... hehehehe.... Hahahahaha!

AN: Alright, that's a wrap for this one. A lot has happened and our friends aren't the only ones getting stronger. Let's hope they have what it takes to push those monsters back.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.