Chapter 16: Bell's Year (Final Part)

Another 3 months went by, and nothing major had happened since the expedition. Bell had gone back to his daily routine of training with the others. Being level 5, training in the Coliseum had gotten even easier. His stats allowed him to tear through them all quickly and the Xenos steadily grew along with him. The number of them grew as well. Currently they were discussing an idea they've had for some time.

Lyd: You guys think it's time? I don't know if we can afford to wait any longer.

Ray: I feel like we could handle it.

Gros: We have to do it soon. Our numbers have dramatically increased. Our strength is sufficient enough for us to begin colonizing floor 50. There are those of us who can handle leading the newer members here while the stronger ones live down there. Ranye and Foh are already past level 5 in strength, so they should be able to handle protecting everyone here.

Bell: Yeah, the magic stones down there should be better too. We can start exchanging the stones with each other so everyone can grow.

Asterius: We can also fight that monster rex on the floor behind.

Lyd: True, but Balor might be a bit much for us. You and Bellchi are the only only who could fight it well.

Bell: When it's time for me to get to level 6, I'll just try fighting Udaeus by myself. Fels told me Balor disappearing would raise suspicion or something like that.

Ray: That makes sense. So, are we in agreement?

They all nodded.

Lyd: Alright, then we'll begin to prepare for a trip down there in a few weeks. I'll make a list of who to bring with us.

Gros: Some of us still need to stay here and safe guard the others.

The lizard man nodded.

Lyd: Now, onto the matter of those surface dwellers. I'm sure you're all aware that they're starting to get onto us.

Bell: Yeah, they spotted some of us when we were out hunting.

Ray: That's only natural. It was only going to get harder to hide once there were more of us.

Lyd: All we can do is try to lay low and hope this blows over. Hopefully by then we can start this phase. We've settled everything we needed; you all can go now.

He then left with the other three and Asterius left for the deep floors again. Having nothing better to do, Bell left to train as well.

On the surface...

Ais and Alise had been training again in Twilight Manor. Alise had given the news about her level up to them when she did. They congratulated her and welcomed the girl among the ranks of the first class. During the Denatus, Astraea had managed to convince them to keep her old title, so she is still Scarlet Harnel.

Alise: HAAAH!!!

The two were in a heated spar while Riveria and Finn watched them. The executives were astounded at how quickly they were improving.

Riveria: Their growth is tremendous, it won't be long before Ais reaches level 5 too.

Finn: Let's hope she doesn't go overboard. I can already see her face when she sees her status paper.

They both smiled, imagining the bright face the girl would have once she saw she was level 5.

Riveria: Yeah, me too.

They sat in silence before Finn brought up a thought of his.

Finn: Riveria, what is your opinion on our growth?