Chapter 3: New Friends

It had been a few days since Bell joined the Astraea familia, he spent much if that time getting to know his familia members and Orario itself. He was now more familiar with where everything was, now he was currently in the guild studying for his dungeon dive. This was the only was his familia would allow him to enter the dungeon at his age. Some time passed and he reviewed his exam with the proctors. They confirmed that he was ready with the information of the first 8 floors, what amazed them was the speed that he learned it. A single day was all it took to process all that information. He was now ready to start his career as an adventurer.

Alise: I hope you're ready, today's your first day in the dungeon as a part of our familia.

Bell: I've never been more ready!

Ryuu: Shall we get going?

Alise: Yes.

It was currently them along with Neze, Alise had stuck her captain duties onto Kaguya. The four of them would go to the dungeon. With Bell an elite level 1 and Ryuu an early level 2, they would be in charge of clearing most of the floors. Alise was a fresh level 4 and Neze was a mid level 3 so they would be able to keep everyone safe if something unexpected happened. It had been as normal as it gets for the dungeon, Bell and Ryuu had little trouble clearing the floors. People were already somewhat aware of who Bell was, but the sight of a child keeping up with seasoned adventurers amazed them. They were making good time, they had made it to floor 7 in a few hours. Things began to slow down when they arrived at floor 8, they saw a little girl with blonde hair and an elf with green hair. These two were the Doll Princess and Nine Hell from the Loki familia. Astraea and Loki consider themselves friends so Alise went to greet them.

Alise: Hey, Riveria!

Riveria: Oh, hello.

Alise: Fancy seeing you down here, were you watching over her again.

She looked down to the little girl who stared back at her.

Riveria: Yes, Ais can be a handful. If she isn't down here slaying monsters then she's back home training constantly.

Alise: Hehe, you know, it's important to rest every now and again.

She gave the girl a smile which was returned with a nod. Alise and Riveria talked for a bit while Bell went to say hi to the girl.

Bell: Hi there, my name's Bell, nice to meet you!

Ais just stood there and looked at him. She wasn't entirely sure how to respond to him at first, but remembered what Riveria told her.

Ais: My name is Ais. Nice to meet you too.

Bell was happy to have made another friend, even if she hasn't agreed to that yet. The two decided to join up as Ais wanted to use this opportunity to go deeper into the dungeon. With the added force of the girl, they progresses much faster than before. It was known between the two familias that Ryuu and Ais were rivals of sorts. They were on par with each other and leveled up at similar times with Ais being faster. What Ais wasn't ready for was the little boy who could keep up with both of them. Riveria saw the boy in action for the first time and was surprised, his combat skill was even better than Ais'. Several hours passed and everyone was currently on the surface cashing in their stones. When they finished, they got ready to part ways, but not before Bell made a request.

Bell: Ais, do you want to do this again?

Ais just tilted her head at what he meant. No one ever made this kind of request. Luckily, Riveria had explained it to her.

Riveria: He means that he wants to go to the dungeon with you again.

Ais' eyes widened at this and a small smile crept up on her face.