Chapter 22: Catching Up

Another 7 months went by and surprisingly, nothing bad had happened in Orario. At the very least, Tiona and Tione were close to Level 5. Ais was closing in on Level 6 and Bell was basically ready for Level 7. Gareth had also risen to Level 7 as did Ottar. Mia had long since retired and was busy running her new pub. Bell and his family would frequent the place as they were on very good terms with the dwarf woman. As for now, Bell was having a talk with his family about an important subject.

Bell: Why can't I go down deeper into the Dungeon? I want to level up now.

Alfia: I already said no, Bell. I won't have a repeat of what happened a year ago. You will wait for the next time the Guild calls us.

Hera: Listen to her, Bell. We want you to be safe. You're still young.

Zeus: Take it easy, my boy. I like the passion, but you should try to be a little more patient. It won't be long until we get another mission.

Bell: Okay... can I at least go to the Middle Floors?

Alfia: Why is that? *Narrows gaze*

Bell: *Nervous* There's something I want to do there.

Astraea: The girls or Zald can go with you then.

Bell: Uh, I wanna go alone.

Alfia: I don't think so!

Bell: Eep!

Zeus: Alfia, let's calm down. It's only the Middle Floors. This won't be so bad.

Hera: How can you say that after what happened?!

Zeus: Bell is Level 6 and equal to a Level 7. He can easily handle anything the Middle Floors throw at him. He'll be fine. Still, I would prefer if someone went with you.

Alfia: Bell, please?

He looked to the ground shamefully.

Bell: Sorry, but I really want to go alone.

Hera: *Stumbling* My sweet boy. He's becoming a rebel...

Zeus: Does that count? He's asking us. Alfia is probably the only thing stopping him from just leaving.

Alfia: My decision is final. I'm not having you anywhere in the Dungeon alone.

Bell frowned and dragged his feet as he walked away. Zeus and Hera looked slightly concerned, but they heavily agreed with the woman's motives for it. Bell had already come far too close leaving them for good.

By nightfall, everyone had returned home and were getting ready to end the day. However, something felt off.

Iska: Hey, where'd Bell go?

Neze: Is he with Riveria and the others?

Astraea: No. I'm afraid he wanted to go do something in the Dungeon alone, but Alfia wouldn't let him. He's sulking in his room.

Alise: I think I can cheer him up!

Kaguya: He doesn't like candy, Alise.

Alise: Well I've done all I can do. *Lost*

Ryuu: You should at least try and talk to Bell. Alfia and the others mean well, so we just need him to see that.

Bell: See what?

They saw the boy walk into the living room with a book along with a mark inside its pages.

Alise: Hey, Bell, you ok?

Bell: *Gloomy* I'm fine.

Alise: You can't fool me with that. Come on, let's talk.

She brought the boy to speak privately outside.