Chapter 21: Normal? Close Enough (Year 1 Special)

Later that night, the others returned home to crash after the big party. They felt tired, but enjoyed the festivities made for the girl's birthday.

Alise: Phew, I'm wiped out now! Time for some beauty sleep before tomorrow!

Ardi: *Yawning* Hey Lion, why are there two of you. Mm...

Ryuu: We should get you to your bed.

The girls all went to turn over for the night while the adults stayed in the living room to talk a bit more.

Zeus: *Sitting down* Ah~ that was a fun party, wouldn't you say so?

Hera: It certainly is nice to just relax and enjoy life with everyone. Now then, where is Bell? Did he not come with us?

Zeus started sweating at this as he had yet to tell them of his plan.

Zeus: (Uh-oh.)

Alfia: I seem to recall him staying behind with you before we left for the party.

They eyed the god as he trembled in his seat.

Hera: Where is Bell? *Menacing*

Zeus: H-He's staying behind to sleep over.

Alfia: Oh, is that all?

Hera: Normally that would be fine, but knowing you, you definitely set him up for something which is why...

*Bam*

She kicked him out of the chair and beat him senseless for trying to corrupt the boy again. Zald and Astraea simply left and went to their respective rooms for the night.

Meanwhile in another place...

Welf: *yawning* At least these people were nice enough to lend us a hut to sleep in.

Phobos: I told you I had this covered. A few of my friends were willing to lend me a hand.

She noticed the boy getting more sleepy so she pulled the blankets over him.

Welf: I'm just glad you didn't go through with your old plan. Thanks for staying with me.

Phobos: You're welcome. Now, get some rest.

The boy went to sleep and she left to go to her bed across the room. The goddess also informed an acquaintance from somewhere about where she was and asked for a small visit to talk. The two escaped from Rakia and now were making the city of Zolingham their home for now. Phobos was also able to acquire a forge for Welf to use and that also allowed the boy to think of something else other than Rakia.

The next morning, she was awoken by the sounds of a hammer striking metal. She got up and went outside to see Welf already by the forge, trying to make something with the spare materials they had there.

Phobos: Hehe. Someone was eager to get started.

Welf: Don't make fun of me. I have this thing all to myself, so can you blame me?

Phobos: No, but the sight of you acting like a child with a new toy is still amusing.

He just blushed with embarrassment and kept hammering away.

Phobos: I'll go get us some food. You be sure to eat something.

Welf: Right!

This would become part of their daily routine, though, she did ask Welf for some magic weapons. While he disliked the idea, the would need a way to defend themselves since they're still fugitives from Rakia.

Back in Orario...

Riveria woke up like normal. Even after the party, she felt just fine. The elf went to see if Ais was awake, so she walked to her door and opened it. The sight she saw made her smile seeing the girl sleeping peacefully next to the boy whose been helping her grow as a person rather than an adventurer, though, she wondered what else happened when she saw the abandoned chicken suit on the floor.