Chapter 2: A New Home

Shakti, Ardi and Bell had gone through a few familias already but had turned the boy down as he looked too weak. Surprisingly, some nicer gods had turned him down as they didn't have the heart to send a small boy down to the dungeon. They were in a pickle until Ardi brought up the unthinkable.

Ardi: Can't we try the Astraea familia?

Shakti: But they don't accept men into their familia.

Ardi: Bell isn't a man and I'm sure she wouldn't mind a little boy like him.

Bell pouted at that. He didn't like the idea of being called little.

Bell: Hey, I'll have you know I'm six so I'm not little!

Ardi had to control herself at the adorable display lest she disgrace herself.

Ardi: Y-Yes, well let's just have her hear us out at least.

Shakti: I hope you can handle it from here, I need to return to my duties.

Ardi: Okay then.

She waves her sister goodbye before taking Bell to Stardust Garden. They a came to the gates and saw a tan werewolf girl standing there. Ardi called out to her.

Ardi: Hi there, Neze!

Neze: Ardi, hi. It's good to see you. Who is this boy?

She looked down at Bell before he introduced himself.

Bell: Hi Miss, my name's Bell!

Neze: Aww, he's adorable. What'd you bring him here for? You baby sitting?

Ardi: Actually, I came to see if Goddess Astraea would let him join your familia.

The werewolf looked at her with wide eyes. Ignoring the fact that Bell is a boy, he's also really small. The boy looked around five or six years old. The idea that he would become an adventurer baffled her.

Neze: Him? But he looks like he's only six.

Bell: I am six.

Neze: He's way too young to go.

Ardi: Please, he's more than prepared. I assumed you heard about what happened with The King?

Neze: Yeah, it's unbelievable. Some random kid was fighting back against him. Wait... now that you bring it up, he kinda looks like what people said. Red eyes, white hair WAIT! IS HE THE BOY WHO FOUGHT OTTARL?!

Bell: Hehe, sure am! It was fun!

Neze was sweating bullets at this kid. She was about to ask more until a woman walked up behind her.

???: What's with all the yelling, is something wrong?

Neze: N-No, it's nothing to worry about Lady Astraea.