Chapter 15: Bell's Year (Part 3)

The day had arrived; it was time for the Loki Familia's expedition to the deep floors. Their goal was to reach floor 62. Everyone was gathered at the dungeon's entrance. Most of it was the raiding Familia, but smiths from Hephaestus also came including Tsubaki who was making sure all of their weapons were in order. Ais was with Riveria who was talking with Ryuu and Alise who were joining the group.

Alise: Ready to kick some butt, Ais?

The girl nodden with fire in her eyes. She spent the last month making sure she was absolutely ready for whatever came their way.

Ryuu: We swear to give our all down there!

Riveria: There's no need to tell me that, I'm sure you all will.

They all turned their attention back to Finn who was getting ready to rally the forces.
.
.
.
One Morale Boosting Speech Later...
.
.
.
Everyone sounded off and prepared to leave. Suddenly, when they had finished descending the stairs and prepared to enter floor 1, a black robed figure had appeared in front of Finn. This naturally put everyone on guard before the figure handed Finn an envelope with Ouranos' seal on it.

Finn: For me?

The figure nodded before Finn cautiously opened the envelope. His eyes widened before Riveria went to ask what was wrong.

Riveria: What's going on?

The prum just gave her a confused look as he handed her the letter.

Finn: Well, Ouranos himself is lending us some help. Apparently this person will be joining us on our dive.

Thankfully, no one was able to recognize Bell with his new look, and the voice manipulator in his mask would allow him to speak to people he knows.

???: I look forward to working with you on your expedition.

Finn and Riveria were caught off guard by his politeness. Seeing as how the seal was genuine as all who've tried to forge it met the harshest of punishments, they were able to breathe easy knowing this person was on their side.

Finn: Well, I guess you're part of the team, umm...

Arno: Arno will do. (Good thing I had this name. Fels was nice to give me the name of a friend of his back when he was human.)

AN: I went with this because it was the first one that came to mind. I also had a funny history with it with some of my friends but that's for another time.

Finn: Right, well Arno, you will join the front with my group. According to the letter, you will be more than capable of handling yourself.

Arno nodded and everyone began moving forward after Riveria went back to give the signal. The first dozen floors were uneventful as the monsters were easily beaten by Arno and Ais. It had been a boring few days as nothing was a challenge yet. The girl was surprised that the new face was able to keep up with her. One thing that was weird was that his movements felt familiar to her. She was pulled from her thoughts when she heard Finn give the next command.

Finn: We've arrived on floor 50! The group I assigned with me will press forward while everyone else will stay here. Aki and Cruz will lead in my absence! Is that clear to everyone?!

Everyone: Yes, sir!!!

Finn: Good, now then, we best rest up. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.

Now that it was getting time to sleep, Bell was keeping to himself. He missed not being able to interact with his friends, but he had a job to do. After smuggling some food to a remote location and eating it, he climbed onto a tree branch where he used some cloth to make a hammock to sleep in. The day came, and everyone was ready to get going.