Chapter 13: Bell's Year (Part 1)

A month went by quick. Bell was hard at work for Ouranos, keeping watch over the suspected familias. Those being Ikelos, Ishtar and Apollo. The last being the least threatening as the first two had more accusations against them and overall were shady. One time he was worried about going into Orario, but Ouranos told him that Fels designed the mask to hide his soul, so people like Freya wouldn't be able to recognize him. Speaking of her, she was in a frenzy of sadness and rage when she learned of his death. Many of her children avoided her room out of fear. Ottarl himself was sad to learn the boy died. He was far too young and he had high hopes Bell would be the one to push him when he got older, but now he had to move on like always.
.
.
.
With Bell...
.
.
.
The boy was currently in the 33rd floor where the Xenos had built another village. This granted them closer access to the best spots to train in the deep floors such as the Coliseum. Bell and Asterius would make frequent trips there, and today was no different. The two were rampaging through the area once again. The Coliseum is special in that the monsters never stop spawning, so monsters like skull sheep and barbarians are in high abundance. This lets Bell and Asterius train to their heart's content. Some other Xenos would follow them and collect the magic stones that drop. Right now, they had finished for the day and were going back to the village.

Bell: Phew, that was a good one today.

The bull huffed in agreement.

Asterius: (I feel so much stronger than last time. Our next fight will be glorius.)

He grinned to himself as they finally made it back to the village where Lyd welcomed them.

Lyd: Hey, you're back!

Bell: Hi!

Lyd: Great, you can put those stones in the usual place.

The Xenos carrying the stones sounded off before leaving to do that. A round orb on Bell's gauntlet began reacting and Fels' voice could be heard.

Fels: Bell, can you hear me?

Bell: Fels?

Fels: We've been called by Lord Ouranos. Meet me in his chambers soon.

Bell: Ok, I will.

The connection was cut and Lyd spoke.

Lyd: Guess it's another mission.

Bell: Yeah, well I'll be going. Tell the others I said Hi.

Lyd: Will do!

He gave the boy a thumbs up as he left. This month had taught him many things, one of which was the many routes to the guild that could best conceal him. Ten minutes and he was there where Fels and the old god were waiting for him.

Bell: I'm here.

Ouranos: Thank you for coming. Now, onto the matter at hand, Fels.

Fels: Yes.

The specter brought out a white orb with what looked like a red eye in the center.

Fels: You remember that hidden door we found after dealing with Ikelos members?

Bell: Yeah, there was this hard door that we couldn't open.

Fels: Well this is a key that will open that door. Now we can access the man made dungeon, Knossos.

This was good news for Bell. He had been foiled two attempts at the Xenos' safety when Ikelos members were trying to capture them. Everytime he did, they would retreat and he couldn't continue chasing them.

Bell: Should we prepare to move in and stop them?

Fels: No, it is too soon. We don't have the proper tools yet either. We need Lyd and the others to grow a little more before hand. As for me, I need to prepare for any counter measures they may have.