Chapter 11: Rise up to Any Challenge

After the attack, Finn had his familia put a tight security around Babel until they could confirm the Evilus threat passed. Riveria stayed with Ais while she rested. The case was the same with Bell. The next morning, everyone was better than the night before. After breakfast, Alfia took the time to bring Zeus and Bell somewhere else. They sat in Bell's room and Alfia began her interrogation.

Alfia: Zeus, everyone was tired last night so Hera and I decided to wait until now to ask you about what happened.

Zeus and Bell trembled as the woman grew more and more demonic in appearance along with her increasing anger.

Zeus: I-I...

Alfia: Spit it out! Why did you send Bell out to fight?!

Zeus: You can't expect him to just sit still while all of you are out helping.

Alfia: This was a terrorist attack on the city, an eight year old has no place to be fighting there!

Bell: But mom-

Alfia: I won't accept it! I don't care if you're a level 3 or even a level 4, it's not your place to be!

Zeus: Alfia please, try to understand. I also was against sending him, but his determination was too great to ignore.

Alfia: Why does that matter, he's still just a boy.

Zeus: You should know being a hero is his greatest wish. His sense of justice is greater than you realize. I couldn't just let him stay here and wait for the whole thing to just pass, he needed to be out there with you all.

Alfia: But still, you should have seen his injuries. A child his age shouldn't be getting hurt like that!

Bell: It was either me or letting Ais get hurt, I can't let people get hurt while I can do something! You trained me yourself, you know I'm not weak, I can do something to help!

Alfia was about to speak until Hera walked in.

Hera: Bell, we know this, but you're still a child.

Zeus: Dear, you're not seeing the bigger picture here. How many kids his age are level 3, even less, adventurers?

Hera: That isn't that point, I-

Zeus: You can't keep him chained down, or he's just going to find a way to escape.

Hera: Then, what are you suggesting?

Zeus: Alfia, you and Zald can resume training him. You know how Bell is when it comes to being a hero, he needs someone to help him grow.

Bell: Yeah, can we train again, mom?

The silver haired woman thought to herself for a moment before nodding.

Alfia: It won't be as easy as when you were only level one. If we can keep up thos pace, you could level up on a monthly basis.

Bell: I'll do my best!

With the Astraea girls...

They were currently with Ardi at the graveyard fir adventurers mourning Shakti's death. Ardi was still leaking tears over letting her sister die. She blamed herself for being fooled and almost falling for the trap Evilus set for them. Ryuu had spent most of the night trying to comfort her friend. Alise and Kaguya were upset at how they let the pink haired woman get away.

Kaguya: If we were just a little stronger, we could have trapped that woman.

Alise: Even at level 4, we couldn't avenge her.

Lyra: ...

They continued talking to themselves and blaming their lack of power, but Ardi turned them out.