Chapter 14: Bell's Year (Part 2)

Another three months went by, and Bell was now halfway down with his year. He himself had already grown even stronger than before. He spent this time practicing with his fire magic, and he now has the same level of control of it as his lightning magic. In this time, the remnants of Evilus had not made any signs of movement which was worrying Ouranos. Bell didn't have any major missions, so he would go fetch materials for Fels every now and then. The Xenos also grew in strength to around half the level they were currently at.

Back on the surface, everything was business as usual. Adventurers did their jobs in the dungeon and nothing really changed. With Bell's friends, they had been able to readjust their lives without the boy. Though, those closest to him will always hold on to the belief that he was still alive. Mostly just Ais and Alfia as the girl was as stubborn as they came. Speaking of Ais, the Loki Familia would have some news coming to them soon. That being in the form of their captain. The short prum was walking back to his home after having a discussion in the guild.

Finn: (Another expedition?! Only a month to prepare too. This is too weird!)

He shook his head as he approached the gates to his home. The guards saw him and immediately opened the gates. Finn thanked them before finding all the people he was looking for. He only needed around 10 minutes before everyone necessary was his office with him, those being: Loki, Gareth, Riveria, Ais and Raul.

Loki: Aigth, we're here. So, what's on your mind?

Finn: We've received direct orders from Royman. Our familia is to make a trip down to floor 62, and we have a month to prepare.

Everyone was shocked to hear that they needed to go on an expedition out of the blue.

Riveria: What?! They can't just spring this on us!

Raul: I agree, this doesn't seem right!

Finn: It came from the head of the guild himself, so we don't have any room for arguments. I will announce this to everyone during dinner tonight.

Everyone nodded at this.

Gareth: Hey, it's not so bad, the three of us could use a good boost before we get to level 7.

Loki: He's got a point. You three are pretty much the main muscle of our Familia.

Riveria: We still have people like Ais and Raul. Both are capable adventurers with much room to grow.

Raul: That's very flattering.

Finn: Don't sell yourself short, I'm having you succeed me for a reason.

Raul: I'm still not sure what you see in me, captain.

Finn: Come now, you're a second class and you act as support for us when we travel to the deep floors. Not many can be as flexible as you.

Gareth: He's not wrong lad. Our Familia is in good hand when we retire.

Riveria: Don't even think about it. We have plenty of work to do, so don't go around planning your retirement so soon.

Gareth: Ha! You wish!

The dwarf soon stood up while Finn and Riveria smiled knowing what he was going to do.

Gareth: Alright, bring it in everyone.

One by one, each of them placed their fist in a circle as their further rallied their spirits. They concluded the meeting and prepared to go their separate ways until this evening.

Finn: Loki, we should go see Lady Hephaestus and see if she can lend us some help.

Loki: Sure!

Riveria was thinking about what to do until she felt Ais pulling her robe.