Chapter 108 - Oathbreaker

Outside the medical facility, Master Khang and Tri could not move further from their positions. They were stuck fighting the enemies from all corners. With every inch of their moves countered, they were closer to defeat.

"This is nothing personal, Master Khang. Only a duty," the commander-in-chief of the U.N. Peacekeeping force said with a much calmer voice. Earlier, he was troubled by the devastation caused by Master Khang and Tri earlier, but now everything was under control. He felt confident that they would be able to fulfill the goal of their mission. These two were the only ones that were in their way.

Master Khang, still maintaining his proper posture and dignity, coughed a mouthful of blood. "I understand very well, Commander Bran. You want to get rid of us so your superiors would continue their rule with no obstruction. I completely understand," he said out loud, so everyone could hear.

Of course, the soldiers present were well aware of what Master Khang meant. Still, although the U.N. was certainly corrupt, it managed to keep the peace and stability of global society. On the other hand, the two supreme rulers were the ones who had the potential to create instability. It was just and necessary to get rid of them.

Not at all offended, Commander Bran just simply nodded. "That's right."

He could not afford to waste any more time by chatting further. He was afraid that reinforcements would come out earlier and it would be harder to finish the mission.

Gesturing the others to move, Commander Bran and his three other co-commanders continued the fight. With victory on their hands, the four Level 6 commanders focused on battling Master Khang; they did not realize that another opponent would be showing up in the fight. Despite having four Rainbow Level 6 people fighting Master Khang, they have to exert a lot of their spiritual energy to make him retreat a few steps.

The weakest of the Level 6s was already reaching his limit and wanted to end the battle as soon as possible. With his might, he went ahead and initiated more explosive attacks on Master Khang.

"Black Frost!"

As this level 6 commander closed the gap between him and Master Khang, the small land surrounding them was instantly covered with black frost trapping the old master. With his feet stuck with a layer of frost, Master Khang knew he would not be able to escape on time, so he went on a defensive position. The only problem was that if he used any magical spell, his spiritual energy would drain faster and his spells would be weaker. The use of magical tools would also be useless since he was restricted. He was in a spider's web as he was unable to move and resist. This was the specialty of this particular level 6 frost mage commander with the Black Frost spell.

"Death Icicle!"

Thinking that he was about to win, the frost mage quickly used most of his spiritual energy on this offensive spell to kill Master Khang.

A huge sharp icicle formed above him and when it was ready, it shot straight toward Master Khang. Preparing for the end, Master Khang gave all he got by forming a fading scrap shield that did not look like it was enough to defend him. He frowned as layers of sweat formed on his forehead. He tried. He really did try to protect everyone.

As the icicle was about to penetrate Master Khang's heart, a figure appeared right in front of him. This figure, a woman, was none other than, Can's mother: Mrs. Rathavit. Although her physical appearance and demeanor changed, Master Khang was able to recognize her with one glance. Afterall, she was his first unofficial disciple.

Mrs. Rathavit raised her left hand and grabbed the very tip of the huge icicle and crushed it with ease within less than a second. A huge force of powerful winds was produced from the crushed icicle that the Level 6 frost mage commander had to retreat a few steps. Yet, the surprise did not end there.