Chapter 30 - Reunion

(Unedited)

Can froze immediately after hearing Tin's words. Tin likes him? Did he mean that he likes him as a friend? To begin with, Can actually never understood what kind of relationship they have. Was it friends or master/slave or something else? In any case, he thought that Tin's 'like' and his own interpretation of Tin's words were the same.

"We wouldn't be talking if we hated each other right?" Can chuckled a little bit not thinking that Tin was actually serious this time.

Tin could not help it but to close his eyes while he took a deep breath. The guy he liked so much to the point he would murder anyone who would get close to him was this actually dense. Of course, Tin would not give up immediately. Besides, Can's stupidity is part of his charm.

To make this naive beast summoner understand how he actually felt, Tin pulled Can's head with his right hand gently and kissed him on the lips without hesitation. The little beast summoner was caught off guard as he was unable to react quickly at Tin's sudden action. His eyes widened from this sudden surprise yet he did not move or resist him. His heart felt like it stopped beating as his brain stopped processing. The only thing that he could feel and focus on was the warm kiss.

After a few seconds that felt like an eternity for Can but too short for Tin, their lips parted.

"This is what I meant by I like you, Can," Tin replied. He hoped that this time, Can would understand him. If not, he could do other methods that would make the naive boy understand.

Can was still frozen in place. Touching the part of his lips with his fingers, Can tried to figure out if he was actually kissed by Tin.

At that moment, the little beast summoner started contemplating the meaning behind Tin's words more seriously. The more that he thought about it, the more he got confused.

For Tin to like him that way sounds ridiculous to begin with! But thinking about it, these past few weeks, Tin's behavior has been bothering him more lately. At first, he thought that the rich prince was just teasing him just to play and make fun of him. Yet, if Tin was only teasing him, would he go that far and kiss him multiple times? Also, in the very beginning he thought that since he owes Tin his second life, he would be his personal slave and serve him for eternity. He also thought that he was going to be mistreated because of the stupid mistakes that he did back then towards Tin, but the exact opposite happened. Tin would buy him things without asking anything in return. He would treat him with all delicious and expensive food. Overall, Can just never felt mistreated at all. Except for the occasional teasings, Tin was really good to him. So Tin really likes him that way?

Tin seemed to achieve his goal as he sensed that Can was actually using his brain and taking his time to process everything.

After a short moment, Tin slightly raised his eyebrows as he softly and tenderly said, "Do you understand now, Cantaloupe?"

Even though Can is dense, he did understand what Tin meant this time. He just could not believe that Tin felt this way towards him. It is just surreal!

"I understand," Can answered as he looked down.

"Good," Tin continued. He did not ask Can how he feels about him since he knew that Can is still trying to figure out his feelings. There was no need to rush him for an answer. As long as he knows how he feels, it was good enough, for now at least. Still, it did not stop him from stating the things he dislikes.

"I like you, so I'm unhappy seeing you with other guys, especially that owner of that food tent." Tin's voice had a trace of dissatisfaction and jealousy.

"But that's just the owner of the food tent. I'm just a regular customer." Can was a little shocked about Tin's statement about his friend. The owner only treats him like his little brother. That is the only kind of relationship the two have, so what is with Tin's dissatisfaction all of a sudden?