Chapter 34 - Witch Hunt

(unedited)

Arriving at the secluded fortress where Can was held up in a faraway forest, Tin hid in the tall bushes while observing his surroundings. Currently, the huge ominous fortress was surrounded by a shield barrier. Tin cannot attack the barrier impulsively since he knew that it was not just any ordinary barrier. Whoever created it must be at least at a Rainbow level.

"Tin, what did I tell you about being careful! You just came right in front of the snake's mouth without thinking first! I hope you're not thinking of going in by yourself without any assistance!" Tin's grandfather angrily and worriedly said.

Tin was not paying attention to his grandfather, but he was aware of his current situation. Even if he was to call assistance, it was already too late. Tin's location was already known by the enemies. As soon as Tin entered the forest which was already under control of the Black Snake Clan, he was already being tracked.

Five experts wearing black masks and cloaks from the Black Snake Clan were already on the move. They carefully and slowly surrounded Tin to capture him by creating a barrier to trap him. Unbeknown to them, Tin already sensed their presence thanks to his Blood Element. After gaining this element, his senses became sharper. Even if a person was hidden, as long as blood flows within that person's body, Tin would be able to detect that person if they were in a certain range.

Manipulating his spiritual energy, he cast a spell mixed with water and blood elements.

"Frozen Blood"

As one of the experts took another step closer to Tin, his movements suddenly stopped. Somehow he felt that his feet started to become heavy and cold. That feeling started to spread upwards to his body. Unfortunately, it was too late when he realized that he was already under Tin's spell as he became numb. He tried to warn his other comrades, but he failed. His internal organs and blood had been frozen solid. He was stuck in a standing position as he failed to struggle to survive. None of his comrades noticed his silent death.

"Do the five-person restrictive barrier now..." one of the experts said to her comrades through telepathy.

The others who surrounded Tin immediately followed the instruction of their female captain. Yet, for some reason, the barrier was not successfully built. The experts were confused. What happened?

All of a sudden, Tin moved from his hidden spot and ambushed one of the remaining experts. Now the table has turned. The hunter was being hunted. Tin's footsteps with the assistance of a speed-increasing wind spell made the expert unable to react on time to defend himself.

"Drain Blood!"

Tin grabbed the expert's masked face with his right hand and crushed it with great force. The cracking of the skull could be heard clearly as blood and brain matters of the expert burst out. That was not the end for the expert though. The blood and spiritual energy inside his body was still being absorbed by Tin. Like bottled water, as more was being absorbed, the body of the dead expert wrinkled. His body continued to shrink until his entire blood inside of his body was completely absorbed. Seeing this shocking and terrifying death of their comrade, the others were hesitating to attack Tin.

"How can he kill him instantly? What's his level? Aren't we supposed to be able to take him down with our combined power?" one of the remaining experts said as he slowly moved back. The experts who were tasked to capture Tin were Orange level. With Tin's current level, these experts were nothing but ants that can easily be crushed. Even if the gap between Orange and Rainbow is one level, the difference in power was still tremendous. Since the experts underestimated Tin, they were the ones who suffered the consequences of not being thoroughly prepared.