Chapter 31 - Blood Spell

(Unedited)

Master Khang just stared at Tin while he tried to figure out the meaning behind the young man's question. He then went back to look at his disciple who seemed to be confused on why Tin would ask that question. Do they have a date today?

"It depends on how well he performs today," Old Man Khang answered as he scratched his nose. He gave his disciple a training manual that is difficult to master, so he will not be expecting any grand performance today. Besides, he only gave his disciple one day to learn the contents of the training manual. Even if he is a gifted child, he will not be able to easily learn everything. Still, Can might do something that would surprise him like yesterday.

"I understand, thank you," Tin shortly replied to Master Khang as he faced Can.

He patted the little beast summoner's soft hair gently with a smile on his face.

"Contact me after you finish," he continued as he reminded the boy in front of him.

Can quickly nodded.

"Good." After getting the confirmation from Can, Tin took his leave. Before he left, his grandfather and Master Khang talked a little bit more and concluded with the two meeting some other time in the future.

"Alright, my disciple! We'll begin our official training today. Are you ready?" Master Khang raised his voice enthusiastically as he pointed at Can.

"Y-yes!" Can unconsciously saluted his master who was in the military uniform. When he realized what he did, he got embarrassed. He knew that his master is not an actual soldier. He just likes wearing different costumes every day! Now he is becoming weird just like his master!

"Good job soldier! Now let's teleport back to Phoenix Garden!" Master Khang saluted back to Can before he called Tao Gunka to teleport the two of them to Phoenix Garden.

At the garden, they were greeted by Dokebi who was also wearing a small military uniform with small sunglasses too! Can found it ridiculous but at the same time adorable. He wondered how Gucci would look like in that kind of military uniform. When he thought about it, Gucci would just look ridiculous, so he dismissed the idea immediately.

Dokebi directed the master and disciple duo to the training field. The little devil was tasked earlier by his master to prepare the training field that was located not far from the small villa.

After they arrived at the training field, which was actually at the top of a small hill, Master Khang started Can's training.

"Now, I want you to show me what you've learned so far from the training manual I handed to you," the old man instructed as he put both of his hands behind his back.

"I want you to summon all of your contracted beasts at once and try to keep them here as long as you can," the old man continued. Aside from seeing how Can could handle the pressure of summoning all of his contracted beasts at once, he was also curious about his beasts' development. He already investigated Can beforehand. According to the report that he got, Can has five contracted beasts in total. It would have been six if it were not for that incident when he was a kid. (Refer to Ch. 6 towards the end when Tin recalled Can's memories.)

Can followed his master's order. He started to become nervous because if his spiritual energy becomes fully drained after summoning all of his contracted beasts, he could die. Finding a way to calm down and look for inspiration for courage, he remembered Tin. Back in Tin's mansion, he witnessed how Tin went through the trial to become stronger. If Tin could risk his life to become stronger so can he! With the newfound courage and inspiration, Can took a deep breath and started summoning his contracted beasts.